Jambands.ca

Rush to perform on The Colbert Report this Wednesday night!

Jaimoe

The Colbert Report is more consistent and far funnier than The Daily Show and this episode looks like another winner:

Rush to perform 'Tom Sawyer' on 'The Colbert Report' Wednesday

By Jake Coyle, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Tue Jul 15, 11:57 AM PDT

NEW YORK - Rush will be appearing on "The Colbert Report," and it's not Limbaugh.

The iconic Canadian rock band, which hasn't performed on U.S. television in more than three decades, will play their classic "Tom Sawyer" on the Comedy Central show Wednesday. The Geddy Lee-led trio, which is currently on tour, hasn't played on U.S. television since 1975.

Rush is only the latest act to perform on "The Report," which has steadily edged closer to "Ed Sullivan Show" territory. With increasingly frequent musical performances, "The Report" has grown a variety-show impulse, evident in other upcoming bookings.

Thanks for the tip! I record Colbert and Stewart nightly so I wouldn't miss it, but it sure is something to look forward to :)

The two shows are different and have their own style. I like that. I do enjoy Stewart's interviews better, but the other schtick is won by Colbert these days, IMHO.

Speaking of Tom Sawyer, it reminded me of the South Park skit that Rush put up on the big screens at their shows before playing it. Let me see if I can find it .....

Modern day warrior named Tom Sawyer

floated down a river on a raft with a black guy ...

colbert is the only show on tv i watch regularly.

amazing stuff.

the episode on monday with gettig wasted was one of the best i've seen from him. non stop hilarity.

stewart is okay somtimes... but i hate his stupid voices that he relies o n too much now... like when he pretends being "stupid media guy" or "terrorist" in his stupid childish rants.... i hate that shit.

I thought it was hilarious. It's not the Rush show, although Colbert did talk about them throughout the half hour, as well as interview them. Not sure what you were expecting from a half hour (22 minute) comedy show.