Jambands.ca

Ender's Game

bouche

I need to select a bunch of audiobooks from Audible.com and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I've been lately enjoying the sci-fi books. I'm finishing Spin right now. I'm looking at something called Ender's Game. It seems to be quite popular. Has anyone read this or the series? How would you rate it?

I need to select a bunch of audiobooks from Audible.com and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I've been lately enjoying the sci-fi books. I'm finishing Spin right now. I'm looking at something called Ender's Game. It seems to be quite popular. Has anyone read this or the series? How would you rate it?

I've read it (and "Speaker For The Dead" and "Xenocide"), and it's pretty good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_game

"Ender's Game" is also one element of a larger series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Game_series

Aloha,

Brad

ok, so I should get speaker for the dead as well?

I'd give "Ender's Game" a read before you order any others in the series. If you post the full list of what's available, I could take a stab at others (non-EG) you might want to consider.

Aloha,

Brad

I'd read Ender's Game first. It is kind of a children's story, albeit a very dark one, but the sequels are a lot more adult. If you don't like the first one though you probably won't get into the others.

you weren't kidding (yuk yuk yuk). The audiobook is introduced with not the usual "This is Audible", but rather "This is Audible Kids" in a little kid voice. I scrolled ahead and the narrator is at least a dude with a cool deep voice that'll probably make some awesome characters.

By the way if you end up liking the Gaiman and get the American Gods one- there is a follow-up using some of the characters called Anansi Boys. Currently reading it and its great as well.

On the card note- he hass another american folklore sort of series Tales of Alvin Maker I think- the first one is Seventh Son- good stuff.

seventh.jpg

I noticed that The Road (Unabridged)

Cormac McCarthy, was on the top 10 list. I already took a stab at this one. It's on my "waste of 8 hours" list.

Cool premise- Post-apocolypic setting, a man and his son on a journey for survival. I kept waiting for it to get good but it didn't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...