Jambands.ca

Dark Knight

Northern Wish

Steph and I saw it over the weekend. Awesome movie, I loved it. I loved the first batman and jack as the joker and I didn't think, regardless of what anyone said, that heath could pull it off but he blew good old nicholson away.

Also didn't like the bat-voice.

Harvey's face at the end was wicked.

argh - all of the IMAX showings today are already sold out as is Sunday's 7PM showing. I guess I'll have to wait until next week.

by the way, this movie was actually shot using IMAX cameras, as opposed to other movies (i.e. regular Hollywood movies) which adapt the film for IMAX, but are shot using standard film and equipment.

I've heard amazing things about the movie, but that is the best compliment for the style of this flick that I've heard.

I really enjoyed the movie. Looked awesome in IMAX. And Heath Ledger really was as great as advertised - Quite the performance and character.

The endidng I didn't really understand either...

spoiler alert re the ending

IIRC, they didn't want Harvey Dent to be remembered as turning bad. So, to cover up the truth, Batman took the fall. If people knew that even a great guy like Harvey Dent could turn bad, what hope would they have in mankind? The issue with the ferries were an example of hope and faith that people like Harvey Dent (and I guess Batman) had created. Batman, being a true hero doesn't need people to idolize him, or even, like him. He just want to help people, and by becoming the bad guy, he manages to do just that.

I am tired of these opening weekend #'s, I think they need to start using stats such as $ per screen or something. Of course it set a record as every theater is showing it on at least a few screens multiple times per day.

Yeah, they should start releasing the Popcorn sales totals. Since when was popcorn worth more per ounce than gold? I'm in the wrong business....

Oh right, killer movie though!

• 2 weeks later...