Jambands.ca

Sunday July 27, Montreal Brad Barr birthday party

Blane

If you're in town or feel like coming out, Brad's organizing a birthday show at le divan orange here in town with a bunch of guests (including Nathan Moore if he can get over the border). Wouldn't be surprised if there's a Slip/SMMD set worked into it.

starts around 10pm.

If you're in town or feel like coming out, Brad's organizing a birthday show at le divan orange here in town with a bunch of guests (including Nathan Moore if he can get over the border). Wouldn't be surprised if there's a Slip/SMMD set worked into it.

starts around 10pm.

last chat with andrew suggested an "under the radar" show in early august. Maybe July 27th is early august enough.

Great times last night.

1 set by Miles Perkin (solo bass, pretty badass stuff)

1 set by Ladies of the Canyon (Emmylou Harris-style trio, good old-school country stylings)

1 set by Super Little:

Monster (Begger in the Morning)*

Is Anything Wrong**

Fool's Gold**

Super Little (First time played)

Ooh Belle

Sarah through the wall

The Devil's Harp

Unknown song

The Deacon's Son

Suffocation Keep

ENCORE

Nowhere From Here to Go

* Brad Solo

** with Lhasa de Sela on Vocals

Super little is definitely starting to develop a great sound. Very much their own thing now, building on the dynamics of the different players (particularly the guitar-harp-bass). Really good stuff! Lhasa's 2 songs were awesome as well. If you haven't heard her stuff before check it out. She's pretty hot.

Edited by Guest

It was so nice seeing these guys play again! Not a Slip or SMMD show but surely the next best thing... It included a lot of the same people (Ladies of the Canyon, Lhasa) as the Baie Deception show last winter at the Corona minus the Patrick Watson & Karkwa guys.

An highlight for me was the song Super Little, which was an intrumental that reminded me of a cross between Wolof and Happy Snails! Amazing polyrythm by Andrew! Also the Nathan Moore song as an encore with just the Barr Brothers made me realize i'm goin' to follow these guys projects for the rest of my life... There is something really pure and true about their approach to music that i can really relate to...

I would love to see a Super Little album come out. They have enough strong material to make it happen. I wonder what will be the next project they put their energy in... Surprise Me, Super Little or The Slip. In any case, i'll be there to witness the magic!

Later!