Jambands.ca

My Granite walk way and patio so far

Ol'Hickster

HAHAH Anytime Kev ! I ajazz G seen a poster today about the Oakville Jazz Fest Seems like Sister Elucids playing!

Thanks for the info. DAMN, they are playing 9:30-11:00 on August 9th ... i'm WORKING :(

So, now I'll be missing JBT and a local Sisters Euclid show that day because of work ... dammit!!!!!

http://www.oakvillejazz.com/graphics/Schedule/2008Schedule.pdf

Edited by Guest

:P I got the title of the thread right thoguh lol as you might know my typing is a little slanted at the moment so Meh

And as for the Slabs already cut at 3' by 2' by 1"

But I do all the trimming and fin tunign myself with a Gas Saw and a Grinder, Is that what you ment? Im planning on taking that concrete step and making it look like solid Granite next,

HAHAH Anytime Kev ! I ajazz G seen a poster today about the Oakville Jazz Fest Seems like Sister Elucids playing!

Thanks for the info. DAMN' date=' they are playing 9:30-11:00 on August 9th ... i'm WORKING :(

So, now I'll be missing JBT and a local Sisters Euclid show that day because of work ...[/quote']

Are you doing anything on Saturday afternoon?

Aloha,

Brad

Hick, not that I want to take advantage of your skills or anything, but do you wanna be friends?

(we are renovating a bathroom ourselves and im trying to figure out how best to cut circular holes [toilet on floor; shower faucet on wall] in the through-porcelain tiles we are using.)

he's cutting tile. needs to know how to cut circles in it.

yep. i have to drill two 1" holes for the shower and tub pipes (i'll buy a 1" diamond hole saw), and cut a 5" hole for the shower faucet and a 7" hole for the toilet. i have a wetsaw i bought in the fall for another job but it didnt involve any curve cutting. and i have an angle grinder so i'll get a diamond blade and maybe use it a bit too. but ive read horror stories about tiles shattering so im just not sure how easy it is to get "curves" - although most will be covered by trim.

i enjoy doing this sorta stuff but its always nerve wracking the first time, and it seems i only ever do things once, lol.

he's cutting tile. needs to know how to cut circles in it.

yep. i have to drill two 1" holes for the shower and tub pipes (i'll buy a 1" diamond hole saw)' date=' and cut a 5" hole for the shower faucet and a 7" hole for the toilet. i have a wetsaw i bought in the fall for another job but it didnt involve any curve cutting. and i have an angle grinder so i'll get a diamond blade and maybe use it a bit too. but ive read horror stories about tiles shattering so im just not sure how easy it is to get "curves" - although most will be covered by trim.

i enjoy doing this sorta stuff but its always nerve wracking the first time, and it seems i only ever do things once, lol.

[/quote']

When using your whole saw, be sure not to do it dry. Keep the water to it. Tile is quite fragile. Also let the drill do the work, don't press down too hard or else the likelihood of the tile shattering increases dramatically.

:P I got the title of the thread right thoguh lol as you might know my typing is a little slanted at the moment so Meh

But I do all the trimming and fin tunign myself with a Gas Saw and a Grinder, Is that what you ment? Im planning on taking that concrete step and making it look like solid Granite next,

It's looking good man! Is that a square cut flag? Or just a nice looking patio stone that I've never seen before?

I just installed a large Indian square cut flag patio around a pool close to downtown Ottawa a few weeks back. The stuff was like butter to cut through. And the stone itself was loaded with plant fossils. Super expensive shit but the outcome was great. All dry lay. I'll be facing hit front porch with the same stone in the fall when his pocket book gives the go ahead. The 550sq.ft. patio was worth upwards of 10k installed.

Are you planning on facing that step Hick or just grabbing a slab of ledge rock or something in it's place?

• 2 weeks later...

But I do all the trimming and fin tunign myself with a Gas Saw and a Grinder' date=' Is that what you ment? Im planning on taking that concrete step and making it look like solid Granite next, [/quote']

It's looking good man! Is that a square cut flag? Or just a nice looking patio stone that I've never seen before?

I just installed a large Indian square cut flag patio around a pool close to downtown Ottawa a few weeks back. The stuff was like butter to cut through. And the stone itself was loaded with plant fossils. Super expensive shit but the outcome was great. All dry lay. I'll be facing hit front porch with the same stone in the fall when his pocket book gives the go ahead. The 550sq.ft. patio was worth upwards of 10k installed.

Are you planning on facing that step Hick or just grabbing a slab of ledge rock or something in it's place?

Its Square Cut Italian Grannite with a Flammed Finnish, and yea I plan on re surfacing the step with the left over granite slabs, unless I find somethign being thrown out at work that will work