Jambands.ca

Cardinals fall dates

dave-O

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rossolee, are your seats for Syracuse?

We are in Row O as well. Prost come and say hi. I dont believe we have met. I'll try to remember to wear my Black Death shirt because there wont be too many of those in the audience unless Jaimoe goes, which is highly unlikely.

blackdeath.gif

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.relix.com/Features/Daily_News/Ryan_Adams_Retires_Songs,_Summons_Reckoning_200808273101.html

Ryan Adams Retires Songs, Summons Reckoning

Written by Mike Greenhaus

Wednesday, 27 August 2008

On Saturday, Ryan Adams & the Cardinals played a sold-out show at San Francisco’s Fillmore Auditorium. Recalling both the spirit of the lauded room and spectator Phil Lesh, Adams stacked his setlist with a number of cuts from 2005’s Grateful Dead-inspired Cold Roses, including “Magnolia Mountain,†“Let it Ride,†“Beautiful Sorta,†“Easy Plateau†and “Cold Roses," among others. But, according to a post on his blog, the show was also something of a final hurrah for these songs before Adams begins to focus on material from his forthcoming album.

In a post titled “New/Old Jam Report,†Adams says the following:

The s.f. gig, at our lil’ lovely home away from home west coast- was a saying fare-the-well of sorts to our beloved last tour jams. now we enter new area’s/ new songs….things you will hopefully be happy to glimpse now, in their early stage powers- before they get, well, weird and lovely. also, from the old-stock, we have selected some surprises, some things electrified from the “Blue Cave (Cardinal-speak for acoustic/fragglerock/ G-D-Reckoning style set-up) and well a few things to amp things up.HEADS UP.we are the middle act on a THREE BAND BILL…..and have been given a generous hour, giver or take some…so, it will be LESS TALK/ MORE ROCK- and some tightening up you might not be used to if you are a regular….otherwise……if you are a CARDINALFAN and seen us a few clicks……hang on,cause this is where we brake off the braces and step by step, learn to channel more energy into a smaller bracket of time….and old jams in old tunes are now FREE ZONES……so, you know when we make the scary noise- and then it get’s all tripped out and pretty…..well, we don’t know what the fuck is happening there either…..and that is exploration…..and that is the new game.

In other news, Adams appears to be one of the few musicians more traditionally associated with the alt-country and indie-rock realms comfortable using the word “jam†to describe his music. The singer/songwriter describes his band by saying, “Cardinals love to jam. We're just a little gang of music fans that played hard for a long time, and you know, just want to contribute if we can to some good tunes and music, on this planet, floating at the edge of a spiral galaxy called ‘the milky way,’but probably called something else by people in the Andromeda Galaxy, because we are two thousand years behind them too.......can u imagine if they jam-or whatever jams I guess the universe is one big weird jam…â€

Adams and the Cardinals will open for Oasis at Vancouver, BC’s General Motors Place this evening. The group’s next headlining performance will take place at Boston’s Bank Of America Pavilion on September 7.

• 4 weeks later...

What a shitty fucking crowd, so annoying and took away from my ability to maintain focus on the music. Look not further than Wonderwall. And they stunk. Bad BO was their MO.

I think most of the show was great but those all important nuances were washed away from the constant drunken garbled conversations everyone was having. You paid 45 bucks for tickets so you could get smashed and talk the whole time?

It's hard for me to comment on anything else right now because I am still extremely bitter.

The interior of the Landmark is stunning.

What a shitty fucking crowd, so annoying and took away from my ability to maintain focus on the music. Look not further than Wonderwall. And they stunk. Bad BO was their MO.

I think most of the show was great but those all important nuances were washed away from the constant drunken garbled conversations everyone was having. You paid 45 bucks for tickets so you could get smashed and talk the whole time?

It's hard for me to comment on anything else right now because I am still extremely bitter.

The interior of the Landmark is stunning.

I have been to exactly one show at the Landmark in Syracuse and I had *exactly* the same experience.

It is a gorgeous theatre, though.