Jambands.ca

fuckin' google images in the search results!

Blane

Jesus, when/why did google start adding the image results to the web page search?

I'm in the library looking up how to appropriately say "I'm sorry" in Spanish, and type "mi descupla" or something like that in google (which I thought was something close to what you say). It gives me the "did you mean...." and some word in spanish, so I click on it. Top of the page now gives the top image results which is photos of nude guys with friggin' hard-ons! Nice. Now I feel like "that guy" looking up inappropriate shit in public places.

Any way to disable this function?

edit: oh yeah, and I've got safe search enabled.

Edited by Guest

Randomly stumbled upon this hilarity while looking for a renter to take over my room September 1st (if anyone knows someone moving to MTL...)

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/mis/768360036.html

From the Missed Encounters section:

infectious disease Clinic waiting room - wednesday - m4m - 30 (Jewish general)

Reply to: pers-768360036@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-07-24, 2:37PM EDT

You were the tall, hunky guy getting tested for STIs...

i was the guy imagining what was up with your thick meaty cock.

I'm seeing a pattern.

Is there anything you want to tell us Blane?

I don't get the images when I search

Yeah it seems totally intermittent. Try doing a search for a celebrity's name for example and it seems to put the images up, but I just tried a search for NHL and got no images. Don't know how they determine it, and since I don't actually know what word I did a search for in spanish (it sure as F wasn't "I'm sorry"!) I don't know why it happened. Not especially in the mood to try to replicate the search either despite peoples' accusations of newfound sexual preference here ;)