Jambands.ca

Bob Sagat Roast

bouche

wow, people must hate him pretty bad. His stand up comedy just isn't funny but does he really deserve this much hate (and if so, please explain, I'm not up on the bob saget hating...)

it's not hate - it's a roast. a good natured ribbing where people get made fun of, the comedy central ones have been hilarious and pretty dark. it's all in good fun.

A roast, in North American English, is an event in which an individual is subject to publicly bearing comedic insults, praise, outlandish true and untrue stories, racial stereotypes and heartwarming tributes. The implication being that the roastee is able to take the jokes in good faith and as not being serious criticism or insult, and therefore showing their good nature. It is seen as a great honour to be roasted, as the individual is surrounded by friends, fans, and well-wishers, who can receive some of the same treatment as well during the course of the evening. The party and presentation itself are both referred to as a roast. The host of the event is called the roastmaster. Anyone who is honored in such a way is said to have been "roasted".

shatner's roast killed. I never stopped laughing. Sagat is taping soon and airing about a week or so later. I'm sure we'll hear about it on the innernets. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't air in canada for a bit though so we may have to download it.