Jambands.ca

Lemonwheel 10 yr anny

darth_taiter

It was a killer show but the layout was really bizarre. From what I remember, it was tough to get a decent sightline but we worked hard enough for one. We had also scored a hotel within walking distance. Like, the ONLY one around. Anywhere. This was a small town. The place had 15 or so rooms all on the ground floor. The only Phishheads partying there were us and a group of East coast college chicks beside us. Seems perfect, doesnt it?

Wasnt.

The collective drugs didnt mesh well between the groups, at least that is my guess because I was soberish. All we had in common was weed but Mike made them happy with his acoustic guitar, even though he didnt play long enough to get anyone laid.

Mike, just in case you didnt realize, we all saw the show before at Vernon Downs and had a blast. Infamous Hood pictures from that one.

geez. yes, I understand and remember that. I remember we all had squeezed 8 or 10 people in the smallest single double-bed room that I've ever seen.

I also recall a killer Le Grange.

Mike, just in case you didnt realize, we all saw the show before at Vernon Downs and had a blast. Infamous Hood pictures from that one.

I went to the five shows leading up to Lemonwheel, but jumped off the tour after the Vernon Downs show. Walnut Creek> Merriweather Post> Virginia Beach (Terrapin!)> Star Lake> Vernon Downs. That was a good summer!

For me, the road to Lemonwheel was a crazy journey. I had only been home from Korea for two weeks. I was couch-surfing and thoroughly bored. I didn't have the wherewithal to order tickets for tour that summer but I scored a pair of Lemonwheel tickets out of the newspaper and my closest friend at the time and I hatched a plan to hit Ottawa and Montreal at the same time.

We did hit Ottawa only to receive news that my Grandma has passed and we had to come back. I was crushed. The funeral was to be on Wednesday in Mount Forest and I didn't hold out alot of hope as I didn't own a car at the time. That being said, my dad came through. Sensing this is what I needed he cleared me to leave right after the funeral, drove me to London where I called my buddy (who waited thank God) and in the middle of the night, we struck out again.

What followed was a superior road trip, the meeting of some great tour friends, and a renewal in my faith that North America could be exciting again (at this point, I was seriously reconsidering my decision to come home) And when Mike's song began, all the emotion of reverse culture shock, being away from "home", my Grandma's death and generally, the sway my favorite band had over me, crashed down in a single moment and I started to cry.

Lemonwheel is a word which carries deep meaning for me and I can't believe that all of that was a decade ago.

I also recall a killer Le Grange.

waaaah! i'd been hoping for a la grange all summer and then my stupid vendor friends got us late to the show and i missed it. SO PISSED!

oh...then on the way to lemonwheel i finally caught the cold that had been passed around the RV all tour, so i was sick as a dog for lemonwheel.

Edited by Guest

had my eyes opened wide at the went

lemonwheel opened them wider

but nothing topped the tower jam at it

well maybe the all night set to bring in the millenium !!! ha

they just knew how to throw a true festival

that nobody has touched since...

loved the stories

2174604343_21b76d17b2.jpg

phishlemonwheelelephant.jpg

2175396734_6f30bcf1b7.jpg

2175395920_988c56231d.jpg

I've always loved the Sleeping Monkey from Vernon Downs.

Yes, I know.....blah blah balh, it's almost 4:20am. We all get it. I like monkeys.

I was off for a piss and a beer, and I got excited as i thought there were jumping into "let it be". You know the part that goes "dah dah dah dahhhh dah dahhhh dahhhh dahhhhhhhhh"

I never heard sleeping monkey before, they were doing lots of covers, so it could have been happening.