Jambands.ca

NFL 2008-2009 Season

Thorgnor

The Preseason begins this weekend and TSN has Indy vs. Washington at 8pm.

And then...

Week 1: Aug. 7-11 (all times ET)

Thursday, Aug. 7

Saints at Cardinals, 8 p.m., ESPN

Giants at Lions, 7 p.m.

Ravens at Patriots, 7:30 p.m.

Jets at Browns, 7:30 p.m.

Chiefs at Bears, 8 p.m.

Friday, Aug. 8

Eagles at Steelers, 7:30 p.m.

Seahawks at Vikings, 8 p.m.

49ers at Raiders, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 9

Bills at Redskins, 7 p.m.

Falcons at Jaguars, 7:30 p.m.

Colts at Panthers, 7:30 p.m.

Buccaneers at Dolphins, 7:30 p.m.

Broncos at Texans, 8 p.m.

Rams at Titans, 8 p.m.

Cowboys at Chargers, 10 p.m.

Monday, Aug. 11

Bengals at Packers, 8 p.m., ESPN

Check here for more...

http://www.nfl.com/preseason

Edited by Guest

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with a 9-6 Football game if the D is played well. The CFL is just a notch better than the AFL. The rules and field sizes are designed to increase scoring. There is nothing wrong with that but the best of the best suit up in the NFL.

The CFL can be fun to watch but so can The Little League World Series or an OHL hockey game. It is what it is...

The second best Football league.

There is nothing wrong with that but the best of the best suit up in the NFL.

Tell me something I don't know. It is possible to enjoy the CFL without having to constantly remind yourself (and others) of this though. Give me another cliche while you're at it.

The CFL can be fun to watch but so can The Little League World Series or an OHL hockey game. It is what it is...

The second best Football league.

Little League World Series is better than Triple A?

Anyway, glad you agree it's better than AFL.

I just don't enjoy the CFL brand of Football. I've tried over the years and I've even been to 3 Grey Cups. The parties were good but the games lacked something. That's just my humble opinion. I like the NFL MUCH better...

However, I am a Dolphins fan...

so what the fuck do I know ;)

The parties were good but the games lacked something.

Yeah, it's called flow and momentum. It seems like the ball turns over more often than it does in basketball. Plus the running game sucks. You cant pound a team into submission. Think the Giants brand of football in the early 90's.

People like Ollie might think that is boring but I love watching a team physically dominate another defence to the point the d-line is gasping for air in the 3rd quarter.

That being said, I watch a handful of CFL games each season towards the end and I appreciate the Canadiana aspect but playing by those rules in highschool sucked ass. It was hard for me to get a feel for it having been a diehard NFL fan since I can remember

Speaking of which HeadyMamaMyrna said that when I was a baby and they wanted me to shutthefuckup, my parents would sit me in front of a football game. I would become completely content. My dad told me that if I was watching a game and he tried to turn the channel (back when households only had 1 tv, can you imagine?) I would cry nonstop until he put the game back on.

I'm drunk. Enough babbling.

The CFL's move into the US was such a bad idea. Everyone knew it except for the league. I have to admit that I lost respect for them when they made that decision.

That's probably the only time I've gained respect for the CFL! Even though everyone said/knew they'd fail, they had to try and see if they could make a go of in it some US markets or they'd still be wondering. Bad idea, but ballsy move.