NFL 2008-2009 Season

Thorgnor

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL forum, gambling forum, same thing.

Bottom line, Proline is bunk.

Sign up for Pinnacle and get a 10% bonus on your first deposit. I use Instadebit to fund it - if you set up your account using Canadian funds as the currency, there are NO fees to depsoit or withdraw.

Only thing you really need to know - you can only make a withdrawal once per month, and it must be at least $50.

Speaking of the game - I hung in there for as long as I could last night. Woke up to Sportscenter showing baseball highlightes. Flipped off the tele, ran upstairs, took a whiz and hit the sack. Didnt even know who won until this morning. I freakin hate when that happens!!

What a game though. That poor bastard on Philly who dropped the ball before entering the endzone - wow. Just, wow. He oughtta be bying dinner for the team for the next few games. At least the next few games.

Hmmmmm, interesting comment. Didn't know we could comment on certain things and not others.

No one's going to stop you but for those of us who have no interest in gambling in sports, and maybe even actively loathe it, the gambling to sports talk ratio was getting a little high.

I mean, do you guys care that I won a free play on the Encore last Saturday?

That poor bastard on Philly who dropped the ball before entering the endzone - wow. Just, wow. He oughtta be bying dinner for the team for the next few games. At least the next few games.

Apparently he did a cartwheel into the endzone in a highschool game an dropped the ball... you think he'd learn from that but tooo busy trying to look like it's easy to concentrate, nothing new I guess.

I thought the game was fantastic last night.

NFC East games have historically been incredible and to this day it blows my mind. I have been watching for decades and that division has one of the greatest rivalries in sport.

I say bet all you want boys as long as you pay attention to the game. I'll read about winnings and losings provided you allow us fans some allowances to your opinions. And if you dont?

They'll be some mockery. As much as you may not believe, this game is above gambling even though it makes it a more intimate experience when you do lay money down. I have tried to get friends into it via the gambling angle alone, knowing they will fall in love with the league once something is riding.

The NFL rocks. Wait until you get into Fantasy Football.

;)

Remind me who they had in 2006?

A defence who was expected to be tops in the league, which would carry them well into the playoffs. They signed Joey Porter and Jr Seau in the offseason while Zach Thomas and (FACK, defensive end name who I cant think of right now. Jason-something).

I think they also signed Dante Culpepper as their QB? Ask Badams but I knew it was over for the former Minny player and none of us were sold on their offence. Premise meant shit. Chris Chambers? What's he ever done?

See what Fantasy Football brings you Ollie? I can actually remember some of this shit and I am convinced knowing players is what helps the prognosticaters make their picks. How else are you supposed to do it with all the movement which happens during the off season?

Isn't FF betting?

Anyhow, I always wanted to get into the fantasy stuff, especially with basketball, but find I don't have the time to put into it. I don't like doing things half-assed.

And Andre - if it wasn't for a wager, no matter how minute, I wouldn't have watched that great game Monday night.

I don't know lots of players in the NFL.

Bet games for now while paying attention. Leagues are a blast man even though they dont offer much money. It takes a while to get comfortable with running a team, least of all drafting one.

Suicide pools are really fun provided you get through a few weeks. Join one or two of those next season. HUGE payoffs for little cash because a ton of newbs always get knocked out early while midseason pro's overthink in weeks 3-6. And then you get the major upsets which cuts the entire field down to less than 10%. Thankfully that aint ever happened to me.

I always lost stupidly gambling at the end because I wanted the pot too easily and bet on a lesser victor because I assumed who my opponents were betting on. BAD mistake.