Jambands.ca

Recommended Listning-Howlin' Rain

Weirdness

I just did a quick search to see if this is old news or not but it looks like not.

Anyways, if you like the whole classic cosmic rock thing you should definitely have a listen to Howlin' Rain. As is often the case it's a bit difficult to describe but I would think that it's safe to say that if you like the Grateful Dead, the Drive By Truckers and My Morning Jacket then you would likely enjoy these guys. One of the guys from Comets On Fire has started it up if that means anything. Anyhoo, I have listened to both of the albums that they have out and have come to the conclusion that it's a solid listen. Magnificent Fiend is the new one but the self titled is quite good as well. They're getting mixed reviews but I think the quote "ashen faced hipsters need not apply" pretty well says it all. If you're a music snob who only does indie rock then it might not be for you. There are a bunch of people on the board who I thought might enjoy it hence the long winded post.

7519.jpg

And, while I'm on a rare rant here, if you don't happen to have or own a copy of the Jayhawks Rainy Day Music you should make that the first item on your agenda for today. I was going to put a post up while I was having a shit cocked epiphany listening to this one post Sat. Night Hillside but I was having so much fun that I really didn't care to share if you know what I mean. At any rate, it's an absolute masterpiece.

cd_rainydaymusic.gif

Later...