Jambands.ca

Dear Montreal- Leave Radiohead the fuÇk Alone!!!

Northern Wish

Actually, let's slightly edit that so as not to make it too easy for the thieves....

A plea to the fuckwads stealing gear in Montreal: Radiohead is gracing your fair town on Aug. 10th. Please just leave their shit alone and let us enjoy their show, played with their instruments.....

That is all.

i'm not blaming the truck, i"m saying that you don't see Celine Dion's "truck" getting robbed, and for similar reasons you're unlikely to see Radiohead's. They are likely to have secure, monitored equipment storage because an operation that size does. Sonic Youth got their shit stolen a while back, but I think that's the biggest band I"ve heard get cleaned out (ie. not just a guitar or case of stuff grabbed).

That said, the epidemic in Montreal is horrible. I'm sure it's related to the organized crime in the city, and the fact that there's a healthy black market for stolen goods here (pawn shops and retailers that knowingly purchase stolen stuff on a regular basis and yet somehow continue to get away with it). On a montreal music board people were talking about trying to get GPS tracking into some dummy equipment to be stolen to be able to track it down. Sounds like a good potential idea.

Between AD and I we could run the technical side of that operation.......

I've had an idea for a musicians home away from home type hotel/ b+b for some time. A place to stay, have meals cooked for them, a secure storage location and an on site studio. Maybe its not just a pipe dream after all. I think I could convince insurance companies/ music managers and promoters to pony up for the bands fee eh?

That said, the epidemic in Montreal is horrible. I'm sure it's related to the organized crime in the city, and the fact that there's a healthy black market for stolen goods here (pawn shops and retailers that knowingly purchase stolen stuff on a regular basis and yet somehow continue to get away with it). On a montreal music board people were talking about trying to get GPS tracking into some dummy equipment to be stolen to be able to track it down. Sounds like a good potential idea.

I've heard theories in the past about the proximity of the Indian reserve to the island, cars/gear/whatever is on a boat and out of the country within minutes of being stolen.

No I'd seal the cargo door with a good lock. Unless they have one of those nifty Jaws of Life device to open the walls like a can of tuna......

yeah but the thieves in the Iggy Pop case stole the truck, not just the contents.

No I'd seal the cargo door with a good lock. Unless they have one of those nifty Jaws of Life device to open the walls like a can of tuna......

yeah but the thieves in the Iggy Pop case stole the truck' date=' not just the contents.[/quote']

Yeah, I'm pretty sure these people have figured out how to get beyond a good lock by now (and I'm sure bands are putting good locks on their vehicles).

Between AD and I we could run the technical side of that operation.......

I've had an idea for a musicians home away from home type hotel/ b+b for some time. A place to stay, have meals cooked for them, a secure storage location and an on site studio. Maybe its not just a pipe dream after all. I think I could convince insurance companies/ music managers and promoters to pony up for the bands fee eh?

funny. sharon and I talked about doing that a few years back. We were doing it for a couple of bands anyway, so why not upgrade the service into a business?