Jambands.ca

2008 Beijing Olympic Games

badams

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed watching the semi-final on NBC last night. Bolt was jogging the last 30m and casually looking at the American to the left of him. The American was going full throttle.

They finished the race pretty much tied. The NBC announcer was commenting on how close they were. All I could think is the Bolt was going to chew this guy up in the final. He was playing with him.

Did you watch it on NBC this morning? Id love to hear how they called it. I've noticed they're even more annoying than I had previously thought.

You are assuming that NBC showed the race at all. They haven't aired many big events live in the morning. Instead, they pretend that the event never happened and promo the hell out of it for their prime time coverage 12 hours later.

there is no drug testing in Jamaica at all.

Really?

According to what I heard on CBC yesterday the Jamaican Track Federation does not test it's athletes. Of course they are subject to the testing done internationally at select events.

I believe it's every international event, not just "select" events. Jamaica is an anomoly not only for testing, but in producing great sprinters throughout modern times. Hmmm.

there is no drug testing in Jamaica at all.

Really?

According to what I heard on CBC yesterday the Jamaican Track Federation does not test it's athletes. Of course they are subject to the testing done internationally at select events.

I believe it's every international event' date=' not just "select" events. Jamaica is an anomoly not only for testing, but in producing great sprinters throughout modern times. Hmmm.

[/quote']

On that note, does the IOC test every medal winner? Cuz if they dont, they should. It would be a great deterrant.

On that note, does the IOC test every medal winner? Cuz if they dont, they should. It would be a great deterrant.

Pretty sure they do.

There are cynics who believe Bolt might be too good to be true himself. But the Jamaican insists he is clean, that he plays by the rules, that any improvement he's enjoyed over the last few months has come courtesy of rededicating himself to his training and staying off the dance floor he loves so much.

Before the race, track officials said he had been subjected to 11 doping tests since the beginning of 2008, including four since July 27. None so far has come back positive.

Usain in the membrane.

[color:red]IOC Anti-Doping Rules – 07.05.2008

Tests can be done on blood and urine at any time.

5.6.1.2.1 For sports competed on an individual basis each Athlete finishing in the top five placements in all disciplines in the competition, plus two other Athletes (in the lead-up Competitions or the final) unless otherwise agreed between the IOC and the relevant IF.

5.6.1.2.2 For Team Sports or other sports in which awards are given to teams, Testing will be conducted throughout the Period of the Olympic Games. During the preliminary rounds, the quarter and semi-finals (but not necessarily on all these occasions), at least one Athlete will be selected from at least 25% of the Competitions. In addition, a minimum of three Athletes will be selected from each of the top four finishing teams.

[color:red]5.6.1.2.3 EPO Tests: All three medallists plus Athlete(s) selected by the IOC MC.

[color:red]5.6.1.3 All Athletes that establish or break a world record or an Olympic record.

5.6.1.4 The IOC may also select Athletes or teams for Target Testing.