Jambands.ca

Best place in Ottawa to buy computer bits?

Guest Low Roller

On the recommendation of bouche and others, I bought my machine at Sprint Computer at Somerset & Preston. I've been entirely satisfied with the machine, and have taken it in for service twice, once for a blown power supply, and once for the installation of a DVD-R/W drive (which I ended up buying and installing myself, on their recommendation, after I explained that I knew about cables and connectors and such), and it's come out well both times.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
what are you looking for andy?

Since when do you call me Andy? ;)

PC133 SDRAM 512MB x2

USB 4-port hub x1

air in a can x1

Power supply for Toshiba laptop x1

i'll put in a hearty 'do not go there' for PC Cyber's westboro location. They were assholes who didn't know what they were talking about. This was 2 years ago, so things have probably changed. But I won't be going back to find out.

if there is any way that you can use a 2.0 usb, you should. it is RIDICULOUSLY faster, as you probably know. I planned on getting a 2.0 hub soon anyway since I've been plugging usb 2.0 thumbdrives into this hub and it's killing me.

so whoever wants it... ugh .... some sort of contest? feats of strength? eating hot dogs? whoever can do the most things for me?

Edited by Guest

Mooney's Bay computer provided me with a great system in 2000 which lasted me until this year. They put everything I wanted in there (wanted a computer tweeked for recording music)... nice case, and never had any problems, until it started crumbling under the pressure of being 8 years old. The cost seemed very reasonable. I don't know how good they are for peripherals... but I imagine they are stocked fairly well with the common bits.