Jambands.ca

QOTD: Funny ways your parents helped you remember stuff...

Patchoulia

You know, like "30 days has September" etc.

When I was young, maybe 11 or 12, I said to my dad, "Dad, I can never remember which way is horizontal and which way is vertical..."

He said, "Well, you know what a whore is, right?"

Me, "Um...yeah.."

Dad: Well, what position are they generally in when they're working? WHORE-izontal.

-------------

It was a semi-uncomfortable conversation, but I never again forgot which was vertical and horizontal.

You know, like "30 days has September" etc.

When I was young, maybe 11 or 12, I said to my dad, "Dad, I can never remember which way is horizontal and which way is vertical..."

He said, "Well, you know what a whore is, right?"

Me, "Um...yeah.."

Dad: Well, what position are they generally in when they're working? WHORE-izontal.

-------------

It was a semi-uncomfortable conversation, but I never again forgot which was vertical and horizontal.

I'm wondering what funny way(s) Stoned Phillips' parents used to help the 11-or-12-year-old SP remember what a whore is...

Aloha,

Brad

My mom died when I was 8 and my dad didn't censor anything I read...hence, my knowledge of whores...however, I don't know HOW he knew I'd know what a whore was.

Besides which, my dad was a proper, subdued, church-going gentleman...this was not a typical conversation by any means..which makes it all the more interesting to me.