Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"solid defensive forward" -> fancy way of saying "goon".

He's never been much of a fighter, unlike his more talented brother. Wayne plays hard but clean. Good checker, but not a hard-hitting checker. Great a faceoffs - one of the best in the league. Excellent as a penalty killer. Respected teammate. Solid pickup for the Leafs, but nothing earth-shattering.

Guest Low Roller

I won't lie, I like the team that Burke is putting together. I wasn't questioning his decision to pick up Primeau, just wondering if he was just another goon or not.

The Leafs won't score much this year, but they will not be fun to play against that's for sure.

I won't lie, I like the team that Burke is putting together. I wasn't questioning his decision to pick up Primeau, just wondering if he was just another goon or not.

The Leafs won't score much this year, but they will not be fun to play against that's for sure.

They won't score at all, but with Exelby cruising around looking for borderline open-ice hits, the Leaf games next season - especially when going up against the Habs, Bruins and Sens - should be far more fun and rough-and-tumble. I hated the Leaf teams of the past 5 years or more.

I know the Leafs have 9 or 10 NHL defensemen and somebody's gotta go, but I always thought Stralman had some promising offensive potential. Don't they need some of that to go with all their stay at home D-men?

Primeau's a great 4th liner but a bit injury prone.

I hated the Leaf teams of the past 5 years or more.

For me, it has been the last two years. I could not connect with last year's team at all. At least this year they will have an identity and they will stand up for themselves. We are moving in the right direction. Not sure about Primeau, but I trust Brian Burke.

Primeau was on The Fan today and spoke of the pride he takes in being a good faceoff man and penalty killer. Given that the Leafs were a brutal PK team last year, adding Primeau will be a plus to the new-look Leafs since they'll be spending lots of time killing penalties.

Primeau was on The Fan today and spoke of the pride he takes in being a good faceoff man and penalty killer. Given that the Leafs were a brutal PK team last year, adding Primeau will be a plus to the new-look Leafs since they'll be spending lots of time killing penalties.

Makes perfect sense to me now. Thanks for that info.

Not expecting a Cup or anything this season, but damn it should be fun to watch some games this season and how other teams cope with Burke's Leafs :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...