Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pat-2.jpg

Roy won every one over when he spoke with the media yesterday. Fuck, isnt it nice seeing him in a Habs jersey again? Sometimes you just have to love nostalgia.

Anyways, the 4 of us who are travelling to MTL to see games this season were deciding which games to go for when they go onsale this Saturday. We had marked November 22 as one of them before the announcement was made.

The odds of us getting tickets has just dramatically reduced and they were going to be tough to begin with!

Guest Low Roller

YO! Montreal flipped the second round choice they got from Toronto for Grabovski to acquire Lang. That's pretty damn good considering that Grabs was the carrot for the Sundin rights in the first place.

Lang will make $4M this year and then he becomes a UFA adding to Gainey's headache at the end of this year which already includes Kovalev, Koivu, Tanguay, Komisarek, Higgins, and Plekanec needing new contracts at the end of this year. It would seem that the Habs are going for it this year, so gentlemen, hold onto your jocks, it's going to be a fun year!

Also, Patrice Brisebois will be back with the Habs to Booche's great chagrin.

Well, based on the fact that Sundin met with Gainey for a couple of hours last Sunday or something, it's easy to assume that he was never planning on signing with them.

The Habs have just traded their 2010 second round pick for Robert Lang.

Analysis to follow shortly on my blog.

Where is your blog?

I have a blog?

I still aint big on this move and time will tell BUUUUUUUT at least the Habs go into the season and allow guys to know their role rather than waiting and bringing in someone a third (or more) into the season. This will allow some chemistry to build. At least there is still cash available for another move, if needed.

Keep in mind I strongly believe Sundin was exactly the center the Habs needed. I cant blame him for not coming because I am guessing he learned to hate that team having been in Toronto for so many years.

The more I think about it, the more I like this move. I don't know how much gas Lang has in the tank but he sure gives the Habs options for their 2nd and 3rd lines. He had a great season playing with Kovalev in Pitts (and another one with Jagr in Was), maybe they'll rediscover their chemistry?

Roy won every one over when he spoke with the media yesterday. Fuck, isnt it nice seeing him in a Habs jersey again? Sometimes you just have to love nostalgia.

....The odds of us getting tickets has just dramatically reduced and they were going to be tough to begin with!

I saw clips form the press-conference and some interviews afterwards...it IS nice to see that they've put it all behind them. Roy seemed genuinely happy and so did everyone else. Im glad it ends this way.

Good luck with those tix brother!