Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Latest roster moves are interesting:

Tanguay out 6 weeks, Price day-to-day, Koivu & Higgins still out, Little Tits missed practice today.

Yesterday Maxwell and O'Byrne were sent down to Hamilton.

Recalled by Montreal today were Chipchura (to replace Koivu), Pacioretty (to replace Tanguay), Weber (to replace Little Tits, mainly on the point for the PP), Marc Denis (to back-up Halak).

Booche can stop reading here.

Ripple effect in Hamilton:

In Hamilton that obviously leaves a big hole, so recalled from Cincinnati were Loic Lacasse (fifth string goalie) and Frederic St.Denis (D).

With Cedrick Desjardins (fourth string goalie) out with a pulled groin, that means that Lacasse will get his first AHL start (clue: He sucked in the IHL and ECHL over the last two seasons), and he might have Robert Meyer (sixth string goalie) called up from the juniors to be his backup.

Cincinnati is now drained of Habs prospects with Latendresse, Beauregard, Aubin, St. Denis and Lacasse all playing in Hamilton.

Cincinnati is now drained of Habs prospects with Latendresse, Beauregard, Aubin, St. Denis and Lacasse all playing in Hamilton.

I'm actually on my way to Cincinnati as we speak...

Booche is gonna replace me on my DIV 9 Rec hockey team...

ripple effect: Lynner to replace Booche with a lonely senior citizen carrying a bag oranges

FROM TSN:

''I think he is not Belarussian now, he is French because I never fight with Belarussian guys,'' Grabovski said. ''I don't know why he wants to fight with me. If he wants to fight, we'll go in the street and every minute of every day I'll wait for him and we'll fight.''

Grabovski, who was born in Potsdam in the former East Germany but raised in Belarus, wouldn't get into details of why there is such bad blood between the two. But the Canadiens winger explained the reasons for the feud.

''He talks too much in the Russian papers about me and my brother,'' Kostitsyn said of his elder brother and teammate Andrei.

But Grabovski noted he only has a problem with the younger of the two brothers.

''He's not smart, because the older Kostitsyn, Andrei, he never fights with me and he never will fight because he plays hockey, he plays the game,'' he said. ''I think it's stupid.''

Asked if the feud will resume when the teams meet again on Feb. 7 in Montreal, Kostitsyn said ''yes.''

haha.. awesome.

I know that Grab was not well liked on the Habs last year. He thought he should be playing on the 1st or 2nd line and should have been on the PP unit.

I guess he is very impatient and wasn't willing to earn a spot over time. There is not doubt he is a talent but he still needed to earn a spot.

It was on Sportsnet down here...

And did they ever do a shitty job of the opening ceremonies to the game last night. Was it some sort of copyright infringement issue by not being allowed to show the archival footage of all the great Habs and Leafs that were out on the ice pregame? Wow, we got to see a LOT of footage of guys looking up at a jumbotron that we couldn't see while listening to Glory Days ...

BTW ... that Kovalev goal really was a sweet one Booche.

Belorussians "almost fighting" Round 3 should be fun next month ;)

I like what Kypreos (shudder) said after the game about why Grabovsky can't show up at more games with that kind of fire in his belly then just against his former employers.