Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

For anybody who saw the hit to Carle today, I just read on RDS that he was released from the hospital and actually traveled back with the rest of the team.

The hit is questionable as Carle did lower his head and Red Wings guy did raise his elbow... No call on the play. You can see the entire play on RDS.ca, where you can also listen to an announcer talk like he knows shit, mistaking Mathieu Carle with Matt Carle, and saying that the Habs acquired him from the Sharks over the summer.

You can do that, or you can just keep looking at Misa.

0924annniverss01.jpg

Montreal--September 24, 2008--Montreal Canadiens model retro jerseys the team will wear for two games each over the next two NHL seasons as part of the team's 100th anniversary celebration (l-r): Saku Koivu in a jersey from the 1909/10 season, Patrice Brisebois in one from 1910/11, Alex Kovalev in a 1912/13 jersey, Roman Hamrlik wearing a uniform from 1915/16, Mathieu Dandenault with a jersey from 1945/46 and Steve Begin with a jersey from the 1970/71 season.(THE GAZETTE/John Mahoney)

0924annniverss07.jpg

Montreal--September 24, 2008--Montreal Canadiens unvelied its new center ice clock at a press conference at the Bell Centre September 24, 2008 at which time they also disclosed plans for their 100 anniversary celebrations.(THE GAZETTE/John Mahoney)

The hit is questionable as Carle did lower his head and Red Wings guy did raise his elbow... No call on the play.

I'd need to see the hit again to comment, but Carle had his head down the entire length of the ice! I knew it was going to be nasty before I even saw it.

Guest Low Roller

That new scoreboard looks sick. It's apparently five times bigger than the previous one, and it's in full HD. It's the biggest scoreboard in the league for the best team in the league according to Misa.

I really like the jersey that Koivu is wearing. Kovalev's jersey would make a wicked pyjama top.

I'd like to see Misa pose is each of those jerseys.

Guest Low Roller

The first round of cuts came down today. No real surprises at all. The Habs now count 32 players of which the following kids:

- Yannick Weber

- Mathieu Carle (injured)

- Ben Maxwell

- Max Pacioretty

- Greg Stewart

- Matt D'Agostini

All of these guys are considered major longshots to make the team, and are there simply to cover for all the injured Habs regulars. Marc Denis is still here as well, probably just to give Jaro a bit of a scare.

The real battle is between Lapierre and Chipchura again this year. There seems to only be room for one of them in the regular line-up. Begin, Kostopoulos, and Laraque seem to be the 4th line bruisers that will rotate into the line-up. Nobody knows where Dandenault fits into the equation.

10 Game DVD Set =

1960, April 24 - Canadiens beat the Toronto Maple Leafs to win their fifth consecutive Stanley Cup. This is the only disc in black-and-white.

1975, December 31 - The famous New Year's Eve 3-3 tie against the Central Red Army team.

1977, May 14 - Canadiens edge Boston 2-1 in overtime to claim their 20th Stanley Cup.

1979, May 10 - The 5-4 overtime, infamous "too many men on the ice game" against the Bruins. That was the one that produced the clip of a bemused Don Cherry saluting Forum fans.

1984, April 20 - The Good Friday game against the Nordiques, featuring wild brawling.

1986, May 24 - The clinching of the team's 23rd Cup against the Flames.

1993, June 9 - The most recent Cup against Gretzky's Kings.

1996, March 11 - The Forum's final game against the Dallas Stars.

2003, November 23 - The Heritage classic outdoor game at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton. Red Fisher still gripes about how cold it was.

2008, February 16 - Habs come back from a 5-0 deficit to beat the Rangers 6-5 in overtime.