Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

One of my favorite moments of last season (well besides all the winning and the Rangers game) was the one game that Greg Stewart played for the Habs against the Leafs. Here's a guy who was one of the forgotten in Cincinnati, but somehow worked his way up to the main roster for a single game. Sure he may never have another game like it and he might blow as a player, but for that one game he wore his heart on his sleeve.

Here's a cheezy highlight video set to Coldplay

And here's the fight with McCabe. The crowd is going nuts for this kid!

Let's get this season underway! Go Habs Go!!

Guest Low Roller

Check out the long-term memory on AD. I guess the extra year didn't really slow things down upstairs eh.

I made the executive decision of turning off the game given the time zone differential slowly killing me as the season went on.

Now don't get all snarky because your favorite moment of the Sens 07-08 season was the highlights of the 06-07 season...

;)

from the overhead cam the puck wasn't even going in. but i had some beers so maybe i was watching it crookedlike. definitely an insanely sweet save though, regardless of where the puck was going. i definitely said 'oh shit' when i saw it. on beer.

I turned it on and almost immediately turned it off because it had little to no intensity. Either I missed something or you had to put the bong down.

maybe watch it for more than a shift. it was definately a more intense game then usual for pre-season. quality hockey.

you definately missed something..

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
From what I've seen, Pacioretty looks to be NHL ready but he's going to be the victim of the numbers game.

Great save, but no save of the year Pierre.

There will definitely be victims in Montreal of the numbers... Pacioretty, Chipchura, Stewart, Lapierre, Kostopoulos, and Dandenault are fighting for a couple of roster spots.

That game had some intensity tonight! Felt like late regular season...

I turned it on and almost immediately turned it off because it had little to no intensity. Either I missed something or you had to put the bong down.

It was a fast-paced game, but almost devoid of bodychecks and nasty corner action.

Guest Low Roller

The ax fell on Greg Stewart, Matt D'Agostini, and Ben Maxwell were cut after the game today.

Still with the team from the Bulldogs are Max Pac, Yannick Weber, Mathieu Carle (but he's injured so whatever), Marc Denis, and Alex Henry... wait, who?

I expect all of these players to be cut before the season starts next week... that is until they figure out how to squeeze Max Pac into the line-up mid season.

Chipchura might actually stick around!

Edited by Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Weber leapfrogged Carle and Valentenko during the pre-season on the D depth chart, to possibly be the first guy called up during the season if it's any consolation to your buddy.

Guest Low Roller

Carbonneau got his contract extension today!

Defensive core woes?

Markov, Bouillon, and O'Byrne won't be playing Saturday's game because of various injuries. Hamrlik might make a return for Saturday's game after yanking his groin.

That would leave the D for the game as:

Komisarek, Brisebois

Gorges, Weber

Dandenault, Henry

blech.