Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would never change allegiances
GO Caps!!!

That's not changing allegiances. That's cheering for one team to beat another, neither of whom I care about. The only reason I went for the Caps is that a buddy of mine plays for them and that they were playing the Sens. I'd cheer for a team from Iraq over Ottawa.

The last time I spoke with Badams, he was complaining how dull the crowd was at SBP and preferred watching the Habs game on the tele provided in the KROCK box. I am still waiting to find out if he made it into work.

We went to some bar after the game last night...

O'Connors? I think...

Good times... I arrived home at 4:30am... got to work at 8:30am. Just need to make it until 3.

The night started of great. You know the part when the teams enter the ice and they flash the Sens logo and their opponents logo. Well when the Caps came on the ice they flashed the Habs log... Awesome!!

Our waitress, Julia, was awesome. I describe her as sexily cute.

We had a few first time NHL game attendees and they were commenting on how quiet the crowd was. I'm not sure if the game was considered a sell out or not but I'd estimate 3000 empty seat and the crowd emptied out faster than most arena's I've seen.

I have been to quite a few NHL cities and Ottawa is very tame compared to most. I've seen livelier crowds in Tampa Bay.

I enjoyed myself but I attribute that mainly to the booze.

I am off to see the Sens vs Caps tonight.

GO Caps!!!

I am going to get drunk and celebrate a 5-1 victory!!!

Shouldn't you be cheering for a 9th place finish for the Sens?

Hmmmmmmm...

To be honest I really don't care where the Sens finish... just as long as the Habs go further in the playoffs :)

Great first and third period play by the Sens last night or depending on how you look at things, terrible first and third period play by the Caps. The Caps came out flying in the second though, the shots on goal were something like 13-7 for the Sens in the first and by the time I got back to my seat in the second a minute or so late the shots were 16-13 Caps.

I'm glad Brendan Bell scored the winner because he looked like a deer caught in the headlights twice in the second period when he tried to bring the puck out from behind the net - pretty hilarious actually.

I'm glad Brendan Bell scored the winner because he looked like a deer caught in the headlights twice in the second period when he tried to bring the puck out from behind the net - pretty hilarious actually.

I totally know what you're talking about. One of them ended up being a bad pass to Jason Smith which was intercepted.

I was happy for him too.

Yeah, I was sitting in 219 so I saw all the action (well except for the Caps 1st goal because I was being shuffled from potential smoking section to potential smoking section during the 1st intermission.

I've got to bitch about it because by the time we got to one smoking section they said it was closed due to wind and the security guy sent us half way around the ring to another one even though, as it turns out, there was a closer one. Closed due to wind? Isn't that my fucking option to be cold or not, I'm an adult (kind of) I think I can figure out if I'm getting too cold or not.