Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Senator players I spoke to Monday took collective responsibility for getting Hartsburg fired. And every one of them called him a “good hockey coach†who they have respect for.

Those fucking monsters!!!!!!!

Seriously Guy, all they said was they preferred a different style than Hartsburg employed and thought he maybe should have accentuated the positive when things potentially got going.

I say worst shit about my boss all the fucking time and I love the guy.

I guess it's just the big "BUT..." that followed those comments...

"He's a good coach, BUT... should have done his job completely differently, it's us the players fault 100%, except for the system he used to coach and he was a mediocre cheerleader at best"

Really doesn't sound like they are taking a majority of the responsibility for the situation... nor is Bryan Murray for that matter

They need a shake up, which justanother coach won't do for these guys anymore...

If they are going to enter into a true rebuilding phase, then the aged players should be moved for young talent, and let the young guys work out the bumps & kinks... a la Toronto style I guess, which is sickening, but on the right path it seems... Is Spezza the only of the big 3 that could be moved? Moving Alfie may be the only way to go... you gotta hang on to Heater

This is a fun thread...

Can it just be as simple as that the Sens just aren't good enough? Whether it's from losing specific players, no goaltending or loss of confidence they just don't have it anymore.

I really believe that losing in the finals took the spirit out of this team and I don't think they have the presence in the Management or locker room to revive it.

I believe there is a lack of off and on ice leadership. The Sens are quickly turning into a joke in this regard.

I could sit here all day and talk about puck moving D, goalies etc but what's the point. The facts are the Sens are not as talented as in the past and there are many teams who have improved in the last couple of years and passed them by.

In this era teams can rebound quickly or sink like a stone for many years. A franchise needs a strong mamagment team and leadership on the ice. I don't see either of these in Ottawa at this time.

They need a shake up, which justanother coach won't do for these guys anymore...

If they are going to enter into a true rebuilding phase, then the aged players should be moved for young talent, and let the young guys work out the bumps & kinks... a la Toronto style I guess, which is sickening, but on the right path it seems... Is Spezza the only of the big 3 that could be moved? Moving Alfie may be the only way to go... you gotta hang on to Heater

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree with everything you're saying including maybe Alfie realizing he should just take a shot at a Cup with another team.

Definitely keep Heater, he produces all by himself and you still have to keep fans butts in the seats. As far as Spezza goes, like I said, I've got a feeling he's going to come back to haunt the Sens for years, if he's going send him way West.

I also think firing the coach won't do shit either, that's just Murray trying to save his own ass.

They should have shown more respect to Hartsburgh and shuttheirfucking mouths. In my view they are in no position (aside from 28th) to be giving opinions on this matter.

Respect involves spelling his fucking name right :)

Are you more qualified to comment than them?