Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

KHL constantly reported as looking sketchy, but that's what the NHL wants us to think of them, so i'll wait to hear more on this I guess... it's not like Emery wouldn't try to weasle out of his KHL contract right before the trade deadline... especially with his current stats :)

What's this about how he has to clear waivers? KHL or NHL waivers? I am guessing that since he is still on the Sens payroll, that he would have to clear NHL waivers bottom up, which would relieve Ottawa from having to pay him... or RAZOR BURN TO RETURN?? Would it be a terrible thing? You're paying for him anyways...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paddock speaks out against Murray and the Players!

Almost one year has passed since John Paddock was fired as head coach of the Ottawa Senators, but he has an opinion on who is most to blame for the team's continuing struggles.

According to the Camden Courier-Post, Paddock feels general manager Bryan Murray should be in the crosshairs if Senators owner Eugene Melnyk hands out any more pink slips.

"I think now he's next in line," Paddock told the Courier-Post. "We were 14 games over .500 when I was fired. They're seven under now. Somebody needs to take responsibility for that. Whether the coaches he hired and fired were good or not, they're his players and they're either not playing good or can't play, one or the other."

But Paddock, who is currently the head coach of the AHL's Philadelphia Phantoms, doesn't think coaching is the issue in the nation's capital.

"The players are not very good, that's the problem," Paddock told the Courier-Post.

Earlier this month, Murray fired Craig Hartsburg 48 games into the season after the Senators struggled to a record of 17-24-7. Cory Clouston was promoted from the team's AHL affilaite in Binghamton and given the reigns for the remainder of the season.

Where has this team been? Super fun game to watch last night. Sens were forechecking hard even with seconds left and a 3 goal lead.

SENS ARE NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS. But damn this looks like a good blue print for next season. And it will be fun watching the Sens play spoiler as the season draws to a close.