Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it was a pretty transparent act, Pierre McGuire still felt the need to point out that it was April Fool's after his segment. What a weenie.

You dream about things like this happening, then when they really do, you don't know what to say. Thank you Ollie.

gia-allemand.jpg

This Senators WAG thing is getting out of control. The fact that Carrie Underwood is dating center Mike Fisher and Hilary Duff is dating center Mike Comrie just seemed like a coincidence. But now, Craig Reid, of Toronto, alerts us that another Senator, defenseman Chris Campoli, is dating model Gia Allemand. That name may seem familiar to you, because she has been linked to Carl Pavano. If you need even more of a refresher, this should do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce Firestone:

Why Scotiabank Place is Where it Is

I was on the stand for three and half days of examination and cross examination along with Doug Logan of Ogden Corp., our arena manager. Doug got so sick of the proceedings that, during a break in the hearing, he offered us $20 million to relocate the franchise to a recently completed Ogden building in Anaheim. Imagine, the Sens could have been the Ducks and maybe, in a parallel universe, we actually won the Stanley Cup in 2007. I told Doug: “We didn’t Bring Back the Senators to play in Anaheim.â€

Ps. I had a hand in the traffic solution for SBP. Our original plan included a connection to Highway 7 by extending Huntmar south to intersect with Hazeldean Road (which the NDP also opposed) and a slave on-ramp to Highway 417 from what is now Parking Lot 9. The Huntmar extension was finally completed by Mattamy and opened in 2008 but the on-ramp from Lot 9 does not yet exist. I didn’t realize the on-ramp was left out until one event day, I parked in Lot 9. It took me 45 minutes to get out of there—I couldn’t believe it. When I got home, I looked up the plans and realized the slave ramp had been left out. It turns out MTO wouldn’t allow us to build it—the distances between the Palladium Interchange and Terry Fox Drive were too close to permit it, in their view. Ridiculous. The ramp would only be open for 45 minutes after major events when traffic speeds are reduced from 100 kph to 45 kph and, obviously, safe distances are likewise reduced. So there is hope yet for Lot 9 parkers that this can be rectified as SBP undergoes further development.

Huh...problem solved.

• 1 month later...