Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

How am I making shit up DaveO? You've got idiots in here saying the demand is low because a lesser team is coming to town. What is going to happen when people realize the Sens arent the powerhouse they think they are?

I'll tell you what will happen because I have before. Empty seats. And it looks like it's starting to happen.

Defend all you want but the fact remains. Where's Dinghy's blog??????

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called tiered pricing and it's not the first foolish comment you've made on the subject. Some games are more expensive, some games are cheaper, basic supply and demand.

Have the Sens historically sold out every game early in any season? Not from what I remember.

so what's your problem with a seat sale booche? i'm guessing you'd be incredibly insulted and worried about the Habs' fate if they offered lower ticket prices? would you pay double just to keep your ideology intact?

and roller, yeah, we all hate where the arena is located. we even complain about it. and...?

Guest Low Roller

I would like to point out that he's attempting to build the soccer stadium also in buttfuck Kanata. Have we not learned anything here? What do you suppose the walk-up ticket sales are going to be like for soccer if the hockey team is struggling to fill up seats?

"Hey look Gretzky is in town!"

"I don't feel like driving"

"yeah, you're right. Let's watch CPAC and balance our cheque books instead."

Lebreton Flats was the place. The NCC were the dick in the cog.

The location of the Palladium had everything to do with an expansion rule that stipulated major highway access which left Lansdowne and Lebreton out of the mix (which I think is too bad because the transitway could have more than made up that in my opinion). Still even the potential site around 416/Queensway by Bayshore would have been superior but more expensive to buy for the bidding process.

you'd be concerned if your favourite sports team made it easier for you to attend a game?

But that's not the case here I think Booche is saying.. They are selling them at 50% off, because no one is buying tickets which = no revenue which = bye bye NHL Franchise if trend continues. That being said, the Sens do make a ton more $$$ from parking and pre-game food monopoly being in the middle of nowhere. Having the stadium out there only makes me dis-like the team even more. They should be the Kanata Senators geographically and realistically.

They are selling them at 50% off, because no one is buying tickets

no, that's not the case. the very first day tickets were on sale those tickets were 50% off. it wasn't a case of "oh the tickets aren't selling, let's mark them down"

same for the florida game next week.

They are selling them at 50% off' date=' because no one is buying tickets [/quote']

no, that's not the case. the very first day tickets were on sale those tickets were 50% off. it wasn't a case of "oh the tickets aren't selling, let's mark them down"

same for the florida game next week.

Ok then, wouldn't that be even worse? (I know I'm winding you up AD, but that's why I'm here..)

Do you REALLY think this is a way to show gratitude to fans, so to give them a break...

OR

They are 110% sure they won't sell the tickets, so they'd better mark them down to get people there?

Seriously, support for this team, or lack there of, is the worst in Canada for an NHL franchise. Partially due to fair-weather attitude of fans that if they're not winning, I hate them all (aka:Redden bashers) and also, trying to get to the game is near impossible for 7:30pm throughout the week due to traffic, and even worse on weekends... Eugene made his bed, and may wake up to some shiny Vegas lights in the future. Remember when they barely made pay-roll a couple years ago?