Jambands.ca

Professor "Louie" & The Crowmatix Fri. Nov. 28 at The Lanc in Kitchener

mark tonin

This is shaping up to be a great night, and I think anybody who likes The Band would enjoy this show!

Professor “Louie†& The Crowmatix

Friday, November 28, 2008

upstairs at “The Lancâ€

with opening act Steve Elmo Diesel Dog Band

doors at 9 pm, show starts at 10 pm

The Lanc, 574 Lancaster Street West, Kitchener, 519-743-4331

Professor “Louie†& The Crowmatix, from Woodstock, NY, have been recording and touring nationally for the past seven years. They have six studio CD’s and two live CD’s on The Woodstock Records label. Professor “Louie†& The Crowmatix recorded as Rick Danko’s backing band on his critically acclaimed CD “Times Like These†and were the featured musicians on Garth Hudson’s solo CD “The Sea To The Northâ€.

Aaron Professor “Louie†Hurwitz is a multi-instrumentalist who sings and plays Hammond organ, keyboards and accordion. He was tagged Prof. “Louie†by The Band vocalist/bassist Rick Danko while performing together as a duo. Prof. Louie co-produced, engineered and performed on The Band’s last three CD’s, “Jerichoâ€, “High On The Hog†and “Jubilationâ€.

Gary Burke has held an esteemed career as drummer for Bob Dylan, Graham Parker and many others & is best known to the public for his long tenure on drums on over a dozen albums with Joe Jackson.

Marie Spinosa is a singer/songwriter/pianist/percussionist from Brooklyn, NY who performed for many years in concert with her own groups in the tri-state area. She has co-written many of the songs on Professor “Louie†& The Crowmatix releases. Miss Marie's strong vocals and percussion can be heard on varied recordings: “Deserter's Song" by Mercury Rev, “Jubilation" by The Band and also with Four Men & A Dog. Her soulful background vocals are featured on Rick Danko’s "Sip The Wine" single CD and also on Rick Danko’s "Times Like These†CD.

Frank Campbell played bass with The Rick Danko, Levon Helm duo tours of the 70’s and early 80’s. From there, he moved on playing with Steve Forbert and later relocated to Austin, TX where he worked with Asleep At The Wheel for ten years in the studio and on the road.

Josh Colow is an in demand rhythm & blues guitarist who has toured The United States and Europe with Jesse Winchester, with his own groups, and solo.

Visit http://www.woodstockrecords.com/biog.html for more info about Professor “Louie†& The Crowmatix.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added the band's name to the thread title ... hopefully that helps.

Gary Burke certainly does have an impressive list of performers he's recorded and toured with! Bob Dylan. Joe Jackson. Graham Parker. Plus he was he drummer/percussionist at Radio City Music Hall for 4 years. Very cool.

Peace, Mark

• 1 month later...
Everyone be sure to check for Fista face down in the parking lot on the way out.

I'll try not to do anything untoward... except maybe give Hal a call ;)

Hal - "Hey, lookin'for a happier b-day?" ;)

Edited by Guest
I can't find a way to work give'er stick into this one but....

Great job Mark, hope to make it out to this.

As much as I'd like to take the credit for bringing this show to KW, Diesel Ryan (aka sam stone) and his business partner Tony deserve most of the credit. Having said that, thanks for the kind words, and hopefully you'll be able to make it out for to this show.

Peace, Mark