Jambands.ca

Professor "Louie" & The Crowmatix Fri. Nov. 28 at The Lanc in Kitchener

mark tonin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember sleeping in the tent at Izzy's and waking up to them playing Blind Willie McTell - got me out of my tent right quick!!

I was already at the stage when they started playing Blind Willie McTell and I remember thinking "timouse should be here as he loves The Band and this song." The next thing I know I see timouse hurrying toward the stage to check out what was going on. :)

Yes it's a Dylan song, but it is on The Band's cd Jericho, which was co-produced by Aaron L. Hurwitz (Professor "Louie"). I'd love to hear it again.

Looking forward to Friday night!

Peace, Mark

Yup! Great night for sure. Thanks to all the k-town folks and other wanderers that made me feel welcome. It was well worth making the dicey drive on my own.

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect last night, but the band definitely delivered some so-called "Americana" goodness. Great harmonies, great energy, Prof. Louie had some sick moments on that hammond, and I was diggin' the accordian as well. Lots of great originals (I assumed...), and many great Band covers as well. Picked up a disc and I am lookin' forward to givin' it a listen.

Opening diesel murphy crew was great too! Ricky you need to bust out that cowbell more often! Good stuff!

Ditto on the "great night last night" theme!

I've always loved Diesel Dog's song "Dirt Road" and it was nice to hear the Steve Elmo Diesel Dog version of the song.

Professor "Louie" can carry a song! He's an excellent singer and he sure can play the Hammond organ and the accordian. I've never heard "accordian feedback" before! All of the players in the band were solid, and the 3 part harmonies were sweet!

There's nothing quite like a party upstairs at the Lanc with a bunch of friends! :)

Peace, Mark

oh......and Mark Wilson singing Ophelia - WOW!!

(IMO) By far the best vocal of the night (no offence to anyone cause there were lots of great vocals)........but Mark's voice is like a bunch of angels singing with roses in their mouths.

Basically, I'd like to make baby's with Mark Wilson's voice.