Jambands.ca

ATF disrupts skinhead plot to assassinate Obama

Kanada Kev

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is only taking place BECAUSE it is on the interweb. if it were in person we'd have all told each other to fuck off by now and be on our 7th beer (Booche would be on #10 or 11)

PS - Harper's a fucking makeup wearing asshole. Not a makeup wearing NeoNazi, but a makeup wearing fuck nonetheless.....and i know that you know that i don't give a rat's ass what any of ya think, so eat it.

Did you guys hear the Jackson 5 are getting back together?

(i don't have ollie's resolve ;) )

Disgusting

Really? I actually thought the little dude pouring the jager looked pretty hot. I mean, cut is cut ..

SS - let's talk frank instead of beating around the bush. What and where is the hatred? I do recognize that these things can be perpetuated unconsciously, and it's one of the things that makes me an insufferable dick - that I can't help but point to them when I see them. So I genuinely trust that you are seeing something that the rest of us aren't, and I want to know what it is.

I didn't understand KK's comment as a slam against TVs or TSs, but rather as a little poke at Harper's image-makeover electioneering (personal political bias may lead me to see this as more amusing than it would be to some others, granted). Little people isn't a slur, it is an adoption of neutral language as generally (but not universally) preferred by little people. Trotting out an image for comedic effect is potentially exploitative, I'll concede that, but I don't think nearly approaches the level of 'hate'.

I'm very recalcitrant when it comes to these things myself, I'm just not sure what you are seeing that I'm missing.

Thank you.

Kevs tactics crossed the line, and criticizing me, and my honest reaction to it does nothing to change that this argument you all seem to support is grounded in little more that hate... which does not impress well.

Just talkin' makeup ... that's all. Whatever crossed a line was in your head. Would purple font have been better?

So... I heard there was an assassination attempt on Obama. Fucking sad isn't it?

Terribly so ... the reason I posted the link to the story in the first place.

So this is all about eye make-up... riiiiiiight. If you don't see the bully tactic in it... there's no way I'll ever convince you now.

Yup.

Wasn't meant to be offensive?

Nope.

Besides... this all kind of rests on Kev's shoulders at this point. He opened this can of worms, and has since slinked off.

Seems to be a big weight on your shoulders really. Sorry that you interpreted it the way you did.

Wasn't slinking anywhere SS. I was away all day long and came back to the can that YOU seemingly opened. I don't have any cans of worms around here.

Kev did wrong.

In your humble opinion.

He has a right to do wrong, and everyone has a right to defend him... but I don't have to like it.

Yup.

i just saw it as a funny little quip about how lots of people - like me - have made fun of the fact that steve looks like he's got eye make-up on.

the fact that buddy has a swastika never made me equate steve with being nazi. but i guess if you've thought about him being, or not being, a nazi, i can see why you'd see that in the comment.

jeesh, now im just embarrased by the lame pun of my limbo / lowering the bar theme and kev's like lenny bruce here.

Thank you.

And I don't think anyone here really thinks Harper is a Nazi... but why fucking put that comment with that picture.... one reason. Stupidity.

No. Harper is not a Nazi. Stupidity? nah, that would be thinking that he is.

It's all about the makeup. Just like these dudes SS:

jared%20leto.jpg

This guy looks like he wears makeup like Stephen Harper!!! :D

pete-wentz.jpg

sweden_makeup_man.jpg

Edited by Guest