Jambands.ca

DVD: The Who Live @ Kilburn 1977

Jaimoe

I've seen some of the footage from the Kilburn concert and it looks and sounds great. Moon was in surprisingly good form especially at this late date in his life.

What I really am excited about though is the bonus 1969 London Coliseum performance.

Here are the details:

Title: The Who: At Kilburn: 1977

Starring: N/A (Concert)

Released: 18th November 2008

SRP: $24.98 (DVD) & $29.98 (BD)

Further Details:

Image Entertainment has announced the upcoming release of The Who: At Killburn: 1977 on two-disc DVD and Blu-ray Disc for 18th November. Shot on 15th December 1977, at the Gaumont State Theatre in North London, this performance was intended for Jeff Stein’s film, The Kids Are Alright. Also included is an exclusive 1969 London Coliseum performance, of which features the first full-length recording of Tommy. A track list is quoted below, followed by covers. A trailer for this release can be viewed here.

Disc 1 - Kilburn material: "I Can’t Explain," "Substitute," "Baba O'Reilly (Teenage Wasteland)," "My Wife/Going Mobile," "Behind Blue Eyes," "Dreaming from the Waist," "Pinball Wizard," "I'm Free," "Tommy’s Holiday Camp," "Summertime Blues," "Shakin' All Over," "My Generation," "Join Together," "Who Are You?" and "Won't Get Fooled Again." Coliseum material: "Heaven and Hell," " I Can't Explain," "Fortune Teller," "Tattoo," "Young Man Blues," "A Quick One While He's Away," "Happy Jack," "I'm a Boy," "I'm Free," "Tommy's Holiday Camp," "See Me, Feel Me," "Summertime Blues," "Shakin’ All Over" and "My Generation."

Disc 2: 70 minutes of Coliseum bonus tracks and extended versions: "A Quick One While He's Away," "Overture," "It's a Boy, " "1921," "Amazing Journey," "Christmas," "Acid Queen," "Pinball Wizard," "Do You Think It's Alright," "Fiddle About," "Tommy Can You Hear Me?," "There's a Doctor," "Go to the Mirror," "Smash the Mirror," "Miracle Cure," "Sally Simpson," "Tommy's Holiday Camp," "I'm Free" and "We're Not Gonna Take It.â€

P14079.jpg

I downloaded the PBS version (no 69 footage) of this from back in aug or sept, good show.

I would love to get my hands on the version of Tommy from may or june 69 with Pete playing 12 string acoustic. The first full-length recording of Tommy is still pretty sweet though.

The Kilburn concert must have the only Moon live version of "Who Are You" officially out (not including The Kids are Alright one-off). Interesting that they performed it before the album came out.

"Young Man Blues" and "Shakin' All Over" from the '69 era is about as heavy as The Who ever got.