Jambands.ca

breaking election news

larry_llama

I'm totally amazed and impressed that they would be willing to stand in line for hours to vote and still turn out in record numbers. Imagine how much lower Canada's turnout would have been than it already was if you knew the wait time at your polling station meant standing outside for 3 hours.

Hey fellas. what were the results in the last Australian election? When was the last Australian election? How many voters showed up to vote? Exactly. No one cares about Canadian elections except Canadians just like no one in Canada cares about the Australian election....least that's how i see it.

Hey fellas. what were the results in the last Australian election? When was the last Australian election? How many voters showed up to vote? Exactly. No one cares about Canadian elections except Canadians just like no one in Canada cares about the Australian election....least that's how i see it.

Agreed. It's embarrassing.

Federal elections for the Parliament of Australia were held on Saturday 24 November 2007 after a 6-week campaign, in which 13.6 million Australians were enrolled to vote. All 150 seats in the House of Representatives and 40 seats in the 76-member Senate were contested in the election.

The opposition centre-left Australian Labor Party, led by Kevin Rudd and deputy leader Julia Gillard, defeated the incumbent centre-right coalition government, led by Liberal Party leader and Prime Minister John Howard and Nationals leader and Deputy Prime Minister Mark Vaile. The coalition had been in power since the 1996 election.

Federal elections for the Parliament of Australia were held on Saturday 24 November 2007 after a 6-week campaign' date=' in which 13.6 million Australians were enrolled to vote. All 150 seats in the House of Representatives and 40 seats in the 76-member Senate were contested in the election.

The opposition centre-left Australian Labor Party, led by Kevin Rudd and deputy leader Julia Gillard, defeated the incumbent centre-right coalition government, led by Liberal Party leader and Prime Minister John Howard and Nationals leader and Deputy Prime Minister Mark Vaile. The coalition had been in power since the 1996 election.[/quote']

copy and pasting from here doesn't count:

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Australian-federal-election,-2007

Agreed. It's embarrassing.

for you perhaps. i feel no embarrassment whatsoever.

Close to 100% of eligible voters would have voted, methinks - Australia has compulsory voting. Sure, some people still wouldn't vote, but the turnout still would have been really high.

If at much was at stake in a Canadian election as there was in this previous U.S. election you would see higher turn outs. If Canada had been subjected to 8 years of Bush and threatened by a McCain/Palin ticket, people would have been out in record numbers up here too..

[color:purple]Yes, Obama had nothing to do with it.

It's a nice hypothesis sure, but in no way does the American election turnout reflect on Canada at all. To say that we're backwater hicks based on turnout to an American election is backwater hick logic.