Jambands.ca

Sirius Radio has jumped the shark...

Basher

So, email after email about how the merger in the USA will not affect Canadian subs.

Now, all NBA is gone, and Jam On and Grateful Dead Radio can be heard on XM (also on Sirius.... for now).

I called Sirius today to cancel and they gave me two free months of service for two radios. That should give me some time to wait for a sweet deal on an XM Radio on boxing day.

I have too much invested in Sirius to think about jumping ship to XM. 2 Car Units, 1 Home Unit and a Sirius Boombox.

So if someone buys a new XM radio in Canada they will for sure get those channels??? Looks like a lot more channels are on XM now. MArgaritaville, 1st Hits, E Street Radio, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Coffee House.

No Howard though. Did you participate in any of the surveys that Sirius Canada sent out about what channels you were most important to you??

I don't think Sirius subscribers are going to lose Jam On or the Dead Channel. I did just find out on my way home though that Reggae Riddims is gone and has been replaced with XM's The Joint.

I'll have to reserve judgement on that for now. They used to have Marley Mondays which were great hopefully The Joint won't disappoint.

Edited by Guest

can we back up for a second here? im confused.

Basher and Irie Guy, are you saying that Canadian Sirius subscribers are losing certain channels? What channels did you actually lose?

we have grey US subs, and I dont think we have lost any channels. although, our units often "update channels" when we drive into the hamilton area so I dont know what we actually have, or if we have lost anything - certainly nothing that I have noticed.

so, the only way for you to get NBA now is to buy the Best of XM package, which I understand isn't even available to Cdn subscribers.

so, sirius canada subscribers are essentially being forced over to XM if they wanna keep what they have.

edit to add: holy moly, look here, its even worse for XM Canada subscribers. they lost a ton of channels.

but why would they delete some sirius channels, like the dead and nba, and move them entirely over to XM exclusively AND as new channels?

Edited by Guest

wait, so Sirius is losing the dead channel and jam on?

no they aren't going anywhere. Sirius got a bunch of new channels after the new lineup came out. I don't know what the fuss is all about. I think Basher's pissed that he has to pay extra for NBA and Oprah now.

see here. They have channels that you need to pay a little more for to get on sirius. It looks like another $4/mth to get that. $16.99/mth for Sirius Everything + the Best of XM (those stupid channels I just linked to)