Jambands.ca

Sirius Radio has jumped the shark...

Basher

I think the NBA switch was probably in the works prior to the merger finalization. If the merger happened or not you would have still lost they NBA this year.

CDN subscribers at this point cannot pay extra to get the Best of XM. Will that change?? Who knows??

Edited by Guest

So Sirius isn't getting rid of the Dead channel and Jam-On?

No. At least not at the moment.

If both of those are on both - which do you recommend?

Hard to say, I've been a Sirius subscriber for the last 6 months and haven't listened to XM, at least not until wednesday.

And if you subscribe in Canada, doesn't it work when you go south?

As a truck driver that spends over half the week in the states, yes your subscription still works in the US if you're a Canadian subsciber

is anyone else not quite as happy with the new "left of centre" which is now sirius XM U?? i am not finding the programming as good as it was before....

same here. bit more mainstream stuff. liked LoC a lot - got into many new bands because of that channel. but hey, we'll see.

im happy they didnt touch first wave or cbc3.

is anyone else not quite as happy with the new "left of centre" which is now sirius XM U?? i am not finding the programming as good as it was before....

same here. bit more mainstream stuff. liked LoC a lot - got into many new bands because of that channel. but hey' date=' we'll see[/b'].

im happy they didnt touch first wave or cbc3.

ok, ive given XM U a chance and I dont like it. Radiohead? Oasis? On a college indie channel in 2008? Count me among the terribly dissappointed with this particular merger decision.

• 5 months later...

Anyone have any preferences now?

Looks like I may have to break down and buy either XM or Sirius for Saturday's show. Hoping I can get a one month only subscription (hey, its still less than face right?)

Should I go XM or Sirius?

I've found the XpressEZXM and the Sirius Sportster 4 both for $29.99 from Radio Shack. Not sure if they have everything I need or not, but it should be close... Dead channel still seems to be kicking on both.