Jambands.ca

iPhone questions

MoMack

I wish apple would release the SDK for windows/linux platforms. There is a way to play on those platforms but the simulator doesn't work so you have to have a jailbroken iphone to test it out which sucks cause I don't.

I started looking at android but I'd much rather make a little program for the iphone then in android just because the market is out there for it now.

Oh well, not much can be done I guess other than to buy a mac.

I've got an iPhone question. Why are they so expensive?

One I got was $225 and it ended up costing me an extra $3/month for 500 mbs of data (a $30 package with that includes texts, voicemail and CID so I saved $17 off my old plan and convinced her to give me a 3 year $10 credit.)

not bad when you figure its an Ipod too.

Jay - There is no service provider or data plan etc... It's not actually a cell phone, it's an internet machine. To make a phone call you could use Skype or Gizmo. With Gizmo you can get your own toronto VOIP number so people can call you.

The only real catch with the Nokia tablets is that you need some kind of internet connection. Whether it's a hotspot or your piggy backing on someones un-secured wifi, or connecting through a bluetooth cell phone, etc... GPS works without internet though because it connects to free satellites.

I love my tablet. I can keep up with client emails on the go, make updates to web pages and ftp files, surf the web with a real web browser, etc etc... It's awesome.

If what you really need is a 'phone' though it probably isn't the right device. But if you need a mini computer/internet machine/AV player and you don't want to pay a thieving phone company you can't beat it. But like I said you can still use VOIP phone apps if you can connect to internet.

ebay and craigslist are great sources for the Nokia tablets. The n800 is a fair bit cheaper, but the n810 has the slide out keyboard which is a nice touch. I got mine used for a little under $250. One time cost, no plans, no fees...

If i had one, i'd get this for sure ;)

iBeerMagicTrickiPhone500.jpg

Brew and drink beer on your iPhone and iPod touch.

This hilarious sight-gag is fully interactive and behaves like a real glass of beer thanks to the iPhone sensors and our spare time.

Tilt to sip, shake for foam, even pour iBeer from iPhone to iPhone.

http://www.tinydl.com/mobile-download/11849-ibeer-magic-for-iphone.html