Jambands.ca

Last Hour ?

AWeeJig

slim pickings tonight for live music

11/15 - The Secret Machines, Small Sins, The Rebel Year @ babylon - 19+/9pm/$17.50 - EH, VT, TW

11/15 - Muffler Crunch, Qor'umn @ Dominion Tavern (33 York St.) - 19+/9pm/$8

11/15 - The Coggs, King, Tarantula @ Zaphod Beeblebrox - 19+/8pm/$6

11/15 - The Leftovers, The PG-13s, The Roman Line, The Visitors @ Cafe Dekcuf - 19+/8pm/$8

The Adam Duncan Project is at Avant-Garde Bar.

A mixture of original material exploring the Zen of Loud Jazz, some covers of John Mclaughlin, Kurt Rosenwinkle, and Indian/Indo jazz improvised music, instrumentation guitar/sitar/upright bass/drums/tabla.

Maximum R&R is putting on a show tonight at Irene's Pub in the Glebe with Garaga and Crack Kills. It's $8 at the door.

Aloha,

Brad

What are the two of you up to this evening?

The one of me is staying in tonight.

The percussive jazz tweeked my nipples a little bit BradM.

Note that Avant-Garde Bar is more of a sit-down kind of bar; it doesn't have a PA or a dance floor. (Check out this picture; the stage is that area under the windows where the stools are.) If you're looking for a typical music club kind of show, it may not be to your taste.

Aloha,

Brad

Thanx for the heads up BradM. Although you don't know me well, you obviously know me well enough that I am in the mood to dance.

Rock 'N' Roll it is!

Thanx again boys. My friends may make their way to the jazz ensemble, but I think I'll keep my bananas close to the muffler crunching.

The Arkells (plus Bombs and Sin Kickers) are at Zaphod Beeblebrox tonight. (At least, I think they are; Zaphod lists them, but the band lists a gig today in Hamilton. You might want to call ZB to make sure. (And note that because it's a Zaphod show, it'll be early: doors at 8:00pm, with the bands over by 11:00pm or 11:30pm.)

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

(And note that because it's a Zaphod show, it'll be early: doors at 8:00pm, with the bands over by 11:00pm or 11:30pm.)

It will be 11 pm sharp or just a bit earlier - they definitely don't let bands stretch things out on Fridays and Saturdays.

Also, tickets might be sold out but Flecton Big Sky is releasing his new record tonight at the Elmdale and it is sure to be a great show. I think it's $8 cover. But get there early. Isn't Chris Cornell tonight at lansdowne? and hawksley workman at the bronson centre?

Babylon has an interesting thing going on tonight:

Saturday, November 22nd

Top of the World and Red Bull present:

REDBULL PRESENTS SHOOT TO THRILL

Red Bull's annual Shoot to Thrill event went down a couple months ago across Canada and Top had a pro team selected. Our team consisted of Dave Nolan, Trent Matley, Richard Sarrazin, Ryan Hamilton (photo) and Ian Doherty (filmer). These guys had 72 hours to make a short film that would be entered in the contest.

On Sat. November 22nd, we will be showing all the short films from all 10 teams across Canada. The event is being hosted by Top, Red Bull and Color Mag. Come join us at Babylon Nightclub for the best skate party of the year. Their will be 2 Showings, 7pm is ALL AGES and 10pm will be the licensed event. Admission is free!

For more details about this contest, check out redbullshoottothrill.com.

You might also consider The Kingmakers at Irene's Pub:

The Kingmakers play a high-octane mix of rockabilly, jump blues and good old rock and roll which appeals to all ages and is guaranteed to get your toes tapping. Based in Ottawa, Canada, the band recently recorded at legendary SUN Studio in Memphis Tennessee.

Aloha,

Brad

Also, tickets might be sold out but Flecton Big Sky is releasing his new record tonight at the Elmdale and it is sure to be a great show. I think it's $8 cover. But get there early. Isn't Chris Cornell tonight at lansdowne? and hawksley workman at the bronson centre?

Hawksley Workman are at The Bronson Centre tonight but that just isn't in the cards. No offence but anything with Eddie Vedder or Chris Cornell gives me nausea reminiscent of the spanish flu.

As for Flecton Big Sky, I am not familiar with them. Style?

You might also consider The Kingmakers at Irene's Pub:

The Kingmakers play a high-octane mix of rockabilly, jump blues and good old rock and roll which appeals to all ages and is guaranteed to get your toes tapping. Based in Ottawa, Canada, the band recently recorded at legendary SUN Studio in Memphis Tennessee.

Aloha,

Brad

I like to tap my toes. How about you BradM. Up for a toe tap(p)ing good time?