Jambands.ca

the slip

lsamuel3

i guess having sliplive.com will be enough then, although i did like the old jambands.ca slip forum, a lot of different information would pop up here

does anyone think were going to be treated to a new SMMD record in '09 or are the boys going to sit on the material for a while? maybe will finally get a Slip dvd or a live release from the 2007 tour

i wish someone had these answers

I think we'll see something. I thought we were supposed to back in the summer. Andrew was saying something about doing some recording in their montreal studio with Nathan. But then, I don't think Nathan made it across the border.

A DVD would be fantastic. I thought we were going to see one of those a while ago too. They seem to have alot of videographer pals.

nathan defintly made it across the border, they rehearsed all of those new songs for the mini SMMD tour that went down this year, and i'm quite sure that's where they laid down the studio version of "I'm No Good At All"

i hope Brad plays a solo show in toronto, but at a place where people actually want to hear music and not just talk the whole time, like Massey Hall maybe (that might be a stretch unfortunately)

actually what happened (if I have the latest, which I may we not have) is that nathan tried to make it up this summer, couldn't and so the next time brad andrew went down to VT and recorded a ton of stuff at a barn there (not trey's another one). Late this past summer when brad told me about it he was raving at how great the sessions had gone, and it seemed like something was def. brewing.

if I'm No Good At All is any indication of the stuff they recorded we should be in for a real treat with the new album

i hope that Brad makes a guest appearance at the MMJ show on new year's eve, that'd be totally boss

at the least im sure jim james will plug the SMMD after party show

Your first opinion doesnt make any sense Bouche.

How would there be a new SMMD record if they couldnt get Nathan over the border to their studio?

Are you following along boooche???

actually what happened (if I have the latest, which I may we not have) is that nathan tried to make it up this summer, couldn't and so the next time brad andrew went down to VT and recorded a ton of stuff at a barn there (not trey's another one). Late this past summer when brad told me about it he was raving at how great the sessions had gone, and it seemed like something was def. brewing.

Booche....these days, a "recording" doesn't need to be done in one place, or at one time.

if I'm No Good At All is any indication of the stuff they recorded we should be in for a real treat with the new album

i hope that Brad makes a guest appearance at the MMJ show on new year's eve, that'd be totally boss

at the least im sure jim james will plug the SMMD after party show

i haven't heard(seen) anyone use the term "boss" in forever. kudos :)