Jambands.ca

MY DEAR DISCO ~ BUFFALO NY ~ THURS DEC 4!!!!

mnm presents

Last minute booking, totally awesome band!

If you like the idea of a 7-piece band, with a slew of crazy instruments, performing live

electronic house, disco, & techno...look no further. I did my research, these guys are SICK!!

MY DEAR DISCO

www.dancethink.com

www.myspace.com/mydeardisco

MyDearDisco.png

A year and a half after it’s inception, My Dear Disco has already earned a permanent place in the incredible lineage of bands that have emerged from the Ann Arbor music scene; bands like Funktell, Cloud 9, Tally Hall, Nomo, and the Macpodz.

Known for their distinctive, “DanceThink Music,†their debut has been meet with critical acclaim since it’s release in 2007, described as, “. . . at once a psychedelic exercise and a grasp at the Top 40,†(CD Reviews.com), “Ultimately the successful delivery of many musical variables, tastes, and influences into one final product . . . †(The Sentinal-Tribune), and †. . . from Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder to Daft Punk and Tom Waits.†(The Battle Creek Enquirer).

With music featuring electrified Irish Bagpipes, and a line-up including a 2-time International Acoustic Music Award winning composer, a 3-time World Champion instrumentalist, a 1st place Michigan Idol winning singer, and two 1st place M-Block Records “New Music on the Block†winning recording artists, their live show has been hailed as “. . . one of the must see acts in Detroit and Ann Arbor,†(The Detroit Fashion Pages).

Their recent full-length, “DanceThink LP,†features mixes by Grammy-nominated engineer Mark Saunders and his multi-platinum studio in New York, the same people responsible for the sound of Shiny Toy Guns 2007 Warner Brothers release “We Are Pilots,†Tricky’s “Maxinquaye,†David Byrne’s. “Feelingsâ€, and The Cure’s “Wish.â€

On May 15th, 2008 the band was named one of the most promising bands in the country by American Eagle’s New Music Union. As a result, they were invited to perform at the A.E. Summer Festival, curated by Anthony Kiedis.

Coming off of a fully-stocked summer schedule — including (in addition to the A.E. Festival) BlissFest, Hoxeyville, Dunegrass, Feel Good Festival, The Jazz Aspen Snow Mass, and Nelson Ledges, alongside artists such as Lotus, Moe, Bucket Head, and Bela Fleck — My Dear Disco is in full-flight, following their “DanceThink Music,†wherever it takes them.

W/ SPECIAL GUESTS TBA

THURSDAY DECEMBER 4

@NIETZSCHES

248 Allen St. Buffalo NY

Doors/Show 10pm . 21+ . $7

Brought to you by

mnmANIMeLO-res-2.gif

www.myspace.com/mnmpresents