Jambands.ca

OK.. Top 10 CDs of the Year Thread..

shainhouse

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't pick up too many newer things this year.. here are the few that I did and really really like

Spearhead-All Rebel Rockers

Mark Farina-Mushroom Jazz 6

Chameleon Project-If it takes all Night

Sam Roberts-Love at the end of the world--For some

reason I really enjoy this album. :D

Zaki Ibahrim- Eclectica, Episodes in Purple

LAL-Deportation

I also reeeeeaaaly want the theivary corporation's new album, and I dont' have it yet.. but If I did i'm sure it would be on this list :D

Didn't this thread happen prematurely last year too AD?

My picks..

Just came out last week and LOVE it..

Mount Eerie (with Julie Doiron)-Lost Wisdom

Spiritualized- Songs in A & E

Nick Cave- Dig!Lazarus!Dig!

Plants and Animals- Parc Avenue

Black Mountain- In the Future

Deerhunter- MicroCastle

Silver Jews- Lookout Mtn/Lookout sea (not a great album per se..but i love the band and looked forward to it and like it enough)

DBT- Brighter than Creations's Dark

Elliott Brood- Mountain Meadows

Hands Down favorite album...

Bon Iver- For Emma, forever ago

grinds-my-gears1.jpg

You know what really grinds my gears? All these Best Of Lists we see generated at this time of year on this stupid board. Guess what? There is almost a month and a half to go before the year is over morons. And besides that, how the fuck do some of you forget to put certain items on the list. Obviously it ain’t all that Best Of if you chose not to include said item in the first place. So what makes album of the year – gorgeous piece of work you rarely listen to or the light, fun record you listen to everyday? Or is it because you read it because someone fucking told you because its on someone else’s list? Ding ding ding. Bastards. And where do you get all this money to buy all these albums? Selling drugs? Either that or you steal them, which is where I am hedging my bet. You people degrade my society and that is what really grinds my gears.

Thanks Andre' date=' that made my day.

Also, you can't have an honest Best Of list unless you've listened to EVERY album from 2008 without bias.[/quote']

Come on now, you are taking things far too seriously.

I know, but its been that kind of day. CTV just laidoff over 100 employees, mostly at Much and MuchMore.

In all seriousness, music and literature may be the toughest and most subjective arts genres to rank.

It's easy booche to buy lots of cds. Every week they give away a 100 dollar gift certificate to hmv on the edge. At work we put it to that station for 30 minutes once a week and call in. Me and my 2 coworkers win the gift certificate once or twice every month! It's that easy!

Thanks Andre' date=' that made my day.

Also, you can't have an honest Best Of list unless you've listened to EVERY album from 2008 without bias.[/quote']

Come on now, you are taking things far too seriously.

I know, but its been that kind of day. CTV just laidoff over 100 employees, mostly at Much and MuchMore.

In all seriousness, music and literature may be the toughest and most subjective arts genres to rank.

That is terrible!!! We are living in tough times right now. I do agree with your second statement.

Guest Low Roller

This is for that Grinded Gears Guy:

Did you bother taking a look at the albums coming out before the end of the year? I did, and I can safely say that I won't personally be listening to any of them. [color:purple]Oh boy! The new Britney Spears! Akon has a new album! SOULJA BOY!!!

Odds are fairly high that a Top 10 list in late November will be a Top 10 list for 2008.