Jambands.ca

"Economic Update"

AD

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's keep it between the rhubarb and stay on topic ;)

Looking forward to the next month and a half to see how the Conservatives are going to react to Ignatieff becoming the new leader...if they even try to launch a smear campaign against him it'll show just how weak of a leader Harper is to Canada...he'll probably never see it but like Dion, he should have stepped down and let another take his place...

So nobody here reads my sarcasm?

You really need a font? :(

No sad faces!

This online forum stuff can be pretty limiting at times. If you're not using a winky face or a smiley face or a sad face, your intent can easily be misinterpreted. Especially in a place like a politics forum, where people can be seriously offended, pissed off, or gleeful all in the same thread. It gets confusing.

I caught a bit of the interview with Harper last night, and had a "WTF?" moment when he talked about how he welcomed (or wanted, or left the door open, or something) the opposition to sit down with the government. Huh? Where was the co-operation* before all this crap went down? What things is Harper willing to compromise on (i.e., give up) in the name of getting the government working again? I want Harper to show some real leadership, and actually lead (in person, if necessary, with his underlings walking behind him) his party into discussions with the other parties; waiting for them to come to you isn't leadership, it's slacking.

Aloha,

Brad

* As opposed to co-opteration.

Exactly and what I've been saying all along. IMO, all parties need(ed) new leaders as the current onces had failed miserably.

The Conservatives are no doubt scrambling and if they continue with their predictable ways there'll be a smear campaign against Ignatieff because they've wasted most of their time trying to make the other parties and coalition idea look bad to Canadians instead of doing their jobs and working with the opposition.

I loved this quote:

If the Liberals want a model of a profoundly divided party uniting under a flawed leader and going on to steady electoral gains, they need only to look across the aisle at Harper's ruling Conservatives.

It's only getting better ;)

The Conservatives are no doubt scrambling and if they continue with their predictable ways there'll be a smear campaign against Ignatieff because they've wasted most of their time trying to make the other parties and coalition idea look bad to Canadians instead of doing their jobs and working with the opposition.

Smear the smearer's!

This online forum stuff can be pretty limiting at times. If you're not using a winky face or a smiley face or a sad face, your intent can easily be misinterpreted. Especially in a place like a politics forum, where people can be seriously offended, pissed off, or gleeful all in the same thread. It gets confusing.

Tell me about it.

No jokes that I know of. However, I had never heard the term before and when it occurred the other week I heard it referenced the same day. I was watching some episodes of The Tudors season one, and they used the term back then. Parliament was prorogued for 3 YEARS!!! Damn, Harper is so much better than Henry VIII eh? ;)

http://books.google.ca/books?id=3YAzWQPwO7oC&pg=PA284&lpg=PA284&dq=prorogue+tudors&source=bl&ots=RRj9Q16zes&sig=VAiFxgWEHRlH76C9gTu-EyFHAso&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result#PPA285,M1