Jambands.ca

Tonights Dinner, Cajun Butter chicken with Chicken rice and Flat bread

Ol'Hickster

Okay today I was in a complete Spicy mode and I wanted to whip up a real burner.... So I did!

First I chopped 5 boneless/skinless chicken breast( I was cooking for the family and I made extra for left overs :D) in to about 1 inch cubes. Then threw them in to a large bowl and added 9 tablespoons of soysauce and about 6 tablespoons of Cornstarch. Mixed it all up so all the peices were covered and coated(I just used the big spoons in my cutlery, my real measuring spoons are in my tool kit at work :P) Then i covered the bowl and put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

While the Chicken was chillin I them mixed my spices in to a little container, which consisted of 3 tablespoons of Cayanne pepper, 3 table spoons of Black pepper, and 3 tablespoons of Garlic powder and 3 tablespoons of thyme. I then mixed them all up and crunched them in the bowl, and put it aside.

Then I Pulled out the chicken and tossed it in to a big pan and started to sear them nice and golden. I also threw on a pot of Rice at this time aswell. Once the chicken was crsping up and becoming nice and golden I then took out a small sauce pan and threw 4 heaping chunks of butter in there and let it melt down. once it was soft and melted I threw in my spices and mixed it in till it became a nice paste. I then turned down the heat on my chicken and dumped the spicy butter sauce on top of the chicken and mixed it all up so it was all nice and covered and then let it cook for a few minutes. I then took it off and put the chicken and rice on the plate, cut up some pita/flat bread in to some hand sized triangles and Bam a nice Hot hot hot dinner!! :D

Here are some pictures, I didnt plate it very well cause all I wanted to do was jump right in to it!

Foodpictures004-1.jpg

Foodpictures007.jpg

Foodpictures009.jpg

Edited by Guest