Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Neil Young Toronto Tonight!

boiler

Times are approximate (but should be pretty close..others can verify!)

Everest - 6:55 - 7:30

Wilco - 7:45 - 8:35

Neil 9:15 - 11:25 (might have started a little later)

We arrived shortly after 6 and got in around 6:30. There was a huge line up in front of us so I was surprised when we managed to stroll in and set ourselves up front row (admittedly FAR on the left)

Everest was pretty good. Sound was a little muddy from where we were. Definitely worth checking out though.

Wilco were really great as usual...sound cleaned right up, and it was LOUD from the front. Jeff was pretty chatty (I remember something about vomit, plus he almost called us by the wrong city name...) pretty much same setlist as the other shows (maybe exactly...don't have a comparison in front of me, and I can't remember the order now anyway).

Neil was fantastic. Still really knows how to put on a rock show. The interaction on stage was great...everyone having a great time... Totally worth getting there early to get up front though.

Great show/experience over all. I'm curious to hear from people with seats what they thought though... From what I noticed most of the people in the stands sat down for 90% of the show...

I'm not one for big veune shows anymore, but I can't imagine getting my money's worth more than what I received last night.

Boourns to the ACC for setting up the beer right when you walk in and then telling you you can't go onto the floor.

Thumbs up to Wilco for their usual standard of excellence. Made some converts out of our group. Can't wait to see them in a full set soon.

And to Neil....

Dear Mr Soul,

On this the 16th anniversary of my 19th birthday, I can only hope to be rocking half as hard and as TRUE as you did last night. Pure passion, raw power and songs that are part of the core of who I am musically and personally. Thank-you. I honestly don't know if I'll see you live again, but if that was it, it was outstanding.

sincerely

Scottieking