Jambands.ca

Live Phish: 12/30/97

guitarberman

Phish has just released the latest offering from its live series. Live Phish 12/30/1997 captures the band in the midst of a three night New Year's Eve run at Madison Square Garden. The show is notable for its extended encore of "Carini" > "Black-Eyed Katy" > "Sneakin’ Sally Thru The Alley" > "Frankenstein," which took place because the band had missed the venue's curfew and since it was into penalty time decided to make the most of it. In addition, Tom Marshall adds guest vocals to the Proclaimers' "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" which appears as part of a "Harpua" narrative centered around the television show Lost In Space. Video of the performance is available as well.

twas a good show...they played the sneakin 'reprise' as most people missed the opener because of lines and if i recall they started actually right at 8. when everyone thought the show was done...then they busted out frankenstein...wowzers!

hope they release the next night for the mikes>piper and the weekapaug.

Too bad the video of the Sally encore is missing due to a tape flip (The missing video tracks My Soul, Sleeping Monkey and Sneakin' Sally Thru The Alley (Reprise) were lost during tape changes of the BetaSP video masters).

I burned this from MP4 to DVD but can't find a program that lets the DVD play all the way through (after a track is played it goes back to the main menu). I used ConvertXtoDVD as Nero Smartstart rejected the files for some reason.

Anyone have a suggestion (other than buy an Ipod)?

Edited by Guest