Jambands.ca

High School computing in the 80's

bouche

Ollie,

I'm playing eye spy here but is that a Wireless AV sender that you are using with this old monitor. Have you had any issues with it?? I've got one in a box somewhere that I bought from the Source for $50 that I never actually used. Been thinking about using it to send a signal to the bedroom from downstairs. I'm just wondering how it interferes with all the other Wireless crap in the house. I don't want to go out and buy a TV and find out that the signal being fed to it is terrible.

I still have all my old C-64 equipment. Most of it is mothballed but I still use this guy as my bedroom TV. The picture looks as good as the day I bought it.

DCP00649.JPG

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG thanks for that Mike...some great memories there, I definitely played most of those games at one time or another. One of my best friends in Junior High was from Holland and every time he went to visit(once or twice a year), he would come back with a toolbox full of freshly cracked games (seems like all the games got cracked in Europe)....so he had everything. I put a LOT of time into my C64 then.

While I did have stacks and stacks and stacks of disks of games for my C64 (I used to cut an extra tab on the other side of the disk to make them double sided!), I also briefly got into programming in basic. I wrote a few 'games' that were more like 'choose your own adventure' books. When the 128 came out, I desperately wanted one... I don't really know why - the 128 side of the computer seemed kind of useless to me.

I remember my printer too.. an MPS 801 dot matrix. It took 7 slow sweeps across to complete one line!

mps801.gif