19+ Show

Tix: $15.00 Advance, $18 Door

On Sale Now at: www.ticketpro.com

Soundscapes and Rotate This

online ticket link:

Direct Link

promoted by www.nufunk.ca

That_051206110554091_wideweb__300x375.jp

Uniquely talented one-man band, That 1 Guy, is returning to Toronto on Friday, February 6th to play The Rivoli.

Real name, Mike Silverman, brings his self-developed Magic Pipe. The instrument is a system of electronically wired steel plumbing pipes. Its shaped somewhat like a harp, with a thick bass string wired from top to bottom. He also uses a percussion technique involving an electric cowboy boot to provide the bottom end.

A classically trained upright bass player, Mike has played with a wide range of fellow musicians, including Tom Waits, Bob Weir and Yo LA Tango. He frequently collaborates and tours with Guns’ Roses guitar player, Buckethead.

promoted by

logo.jpg

www.nufunk.ca

According to

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/16446/That-1-Guy-New-Gear.Tour

this time he's doing it with a brand new version of his self-designed instrument, The Magic Pipe. "We're not talking about a rub, polish & tweak – we're talking all new high grade aluminum and phosphor bronze, machined by the same machinist responsible for the Phoenix Mars Lander," says Mike Silverman, aka That 1 Guy. "I can do a whole range of new techniques with this new pipe," states Silverman. "It's more refined, I have a wider range of sounds and pitch. I can get the whole thing to move in a completely new way."

Aloha,

Brad