Jambands.ca

Official Bonnaroo 2009 Lineup

RobL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand this hope that phish plays a late night slot.

Phish should get two headlining slots with no one else playing.

Bonnaroo late night only happens 2 nights out of the whole year. every year, it is pretty much the best two nights of my year. I see some of the best concerts those nights ever. the energy that centeroo has on friday/saturday night after midnight is intense.

I don't understand why phish fans are hoping for a phish late night. all that would mean is you have to deal with tons of conflicts, and stay out of centeroo.

Why not just get nice and primed from a conflict free phish headlinging show...and then walk right into centroo for the late night crazyness... in a perfect mindset no less.

i just don't get it.

just cuz its "late night" and you like to "rage" after midnight?

i mean i get one aspect of it.... if phish gets late night, and there is a whole other latenight scene happening in centroo...the main stage will be filled with nothing but phish fans....which could be a cool vibe. but still. i hate conflicts. and this would definitely be a huge conflict.

if phish gets late night, i'll be a bit upset. also, i was at kanye, and that field is kinda balls for late night .

That's a great line-up. Awesome.

As for Phish late-evening set. Well, why not? It's not like they'll play for 75 min and get off. I dig how they switch it up and throw themselves into the festival a bit.

I'm sure any potential scheduling and staging dilemmas have all been well sorted out to make this happen smoothly for Phish's debut at the Roo.

Booker t. and the Drive by Truckers!! (killer)

Midintie (Best reggae band in action these days for sure)

And of course the Phish shows x2..

Great line up and makes up for last years Kanye/Metallica debacle.

I have been to 4 Bonnaroo's and my fear is that it will be too big to enjoy.

The last one I went to was 90,000 and it was very hard to get around and eneded up having to make tough choices on what too miss and what to see.

i am also sure ti will be the biggest ever as everyone shut out of the Phish shows will go there.

Great line up, hope they can handle it.

http://www.phish.com/news/

PHISH PLAYS BONNAROO 2009 02.03.09

PHISH PLAYS BONNAROO 2009

Phish will play two shows - a full two-set performance as well as an additional late-evening set - at the 2009 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. The eighth annual four-day camping and music festival will be held on June 11 - 14 in Manchester, Tennessee, 60 miles south of Nashville. The final lineup will total over 120 bands and over 20 comedians performing on 13 stages over four days.

Additional artists at the festival include Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, TV on the Radio, Wilco, Al Green, David Byrne, Snoop Dogg, Merle Haggard, Animal Collective, Lucinda Williams, Femi Kuti, Mars Volta, Coheed and Cambria, The Del McCoury Band, Alejandro Escovedo and Rodrigo y Gabriela to name a few.

Tickets go on sale exclusively through http://www.bonnarootickets.com/ on Saturday, February 7 at 12:00 PM Eastern.

Do you think tickets will sell out super fast this year compared to other years?

it looks that way. considering all things. phish festivals where 60 thousand plus just for them. bonnaroo was bringing in 90 thousand on their own without phish. This year the lineup is incredible. so your going to get people coming to see bruce. fans for nin etc. and all those people who got denied for phish tickets as well as people that are just going to go because phish is their even if they have tickets for everything else. I could be wrong but i am not waiting. First day i am securing mine. they get more expensive as time goes on and i do think allotment of tickets will sell faster. i doubt it will sell out right away but allotments will go fast and ticket prices will go up. as well as them having a payment plan option that you can pay 50 bucks a month until the fest. so people won't have to dole it all out in one shot will tempt people more as well too.

Edited by Guest

[color:purple][color:purple]Damn friends that selfishly plan ahead and schedule their wedding for that weekend!!

[color:purple]

I probably wouldn't have been able to go anyways. I kind of thought my bonnaroo days were over so i have been trying to minimize the amount of times that I have checked out this thread. But yeah. That is one hell of a line-up. I personally think it's even better than the phantasy rumour one (from my angle of things). If it weren't for my damn friends getting married i'd probably be doing some serious fannagling for babysitters right about now.

Edited by Guest

Booker T & Drive-By Truckers

Merle Haggard

The Del McCoury Band

David Grisman Quintet

Béla Fleck & Toumani Diabate

Vieux Farka Toure

Gov’t Mule

Lucinda Williams

Allen Toussaint

Robert Earl Keen

Those artists alone in one place make me wish I could handle that large a crowd for an entire weekend.

Great line-up thats for sure.

the big stage isn't open on thursday night (well, in past years it wasn't), but there are bands playing in the tents (smaller bands - not headliners, obviously).

i really really doubt phish will play twice in a night. they'd play 2 sets, take a long break and then play a third set, and that would be their two shows? no. but then again it's all speculation until the schedule comes out. if i had to bet they'd play Friday night, and Saturday late night.