Jambands.ca

Promoters Cancel Langerado

balogna pogna

Promoters Cancel Langerado

Langerado has been cancelled. A message posted on the festival's website stated the following:

The 2009 Langerado Music Festival has been cancelled due to sluggish ticket sales.

Langerado’s independent local promoters, faced with a very tough decision in a dismal economy, cancelled the 2009 event only after every possible option was exhausted.

As Langerado Co-Promoter Ethan Schwartz explains, “Langerado has always put the fan experience first. Unfortunately, during these difficult economic times, and facing a first year in a new venue, it’s become apparent that we cannot execute a production that lives up to the high standards of our past events. Putting Langerado on hold was the toughest decision we have ever had to make. We are very grateful for the support of the greater-Miami community and the music community during this difficult time.â€

All tickets purchased will be refunded. Please look for ticket refunds to be processed in the next 5-7 business days. Each order will be refunded to the credit card in full, minus the included order processing fees. Shipping fees will also be credited for those orders that did not select the free shipping promotion. For information on ticket refunds please contact Music Today.

I get what your saying Schwa, and feel pretty much the same way really. Although, its not like I don't have fun when I do go, I just don't feel the excitment like I used to I guess.

As for Langerado, I've never been but from what I have read online from folks on different boards, venue and line-up seemed to equal bad ticket sales (as Basher already mentioned) moreso then economy. I imagine with Phish playing the same weekend that hurt a percentage of sales as well.

No doubt the lineup and location played a part- but I feel this is going to be a trend this year and for a few years to come. Quite simply people have seen their level of disposable income drop and along with that their security in the economy. I believe many people will be scaling back a bit and not spending on frivolous items as much during 2009 and into the future.

This coupled with an absolute need in the music/ concert industry to recognize that the times have changed- and I think it bodes well for us, the patrons of concerts, events and festivals.

Event pricing will most likely come back into line especially for the larger ticket shows, customer service will be of utmost importance and events like this past Friday on LiveNation will no longer take place, and that bands/ promoters negotiating 110% guarantees will have to reconsider those deals.

I for one applaud the fact that the throngs didn't line up and hand over their money blindly- and that the fest has been cancelled. They can't all generate millions or there will be no need to increase customer satisfaction. In this particular case I believe the customer spoke, and if we see a Langerado return- all of the items that were bitched about will definitely be considered in planning meetings in the future.

I think this is great news for all of us here at jambands.ca for sure,

Sean

No doubt the lineup and location played a part- but I feel this is going to be a trend this year and for a few years to come. Quite simply people have seen their level of disposable income drop and along with that their security in the economy. I believe many people will be scaling back a bit and not spending on frivolous items as much during 2009 and into the future.

Except Phish fans.

True, but I bet that Phish fans who bought tickets and attend shows will still see an overall decrease in their concert going budget......

Ie. If I normally spend $3000 on concerts per year, this year I would drop $2000 on Phish and not attend anything else.

There will always be anomolies, but the overall average expenditure is what I was driving at.