2009 NHL Trade Deadline... March 4

badams

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
It appears Guerin is going to Montreal
It seems highly unlikely that Billy Guerin will be traded to the Canadiens, all signs point to Washington, Jersey, or Pittsburgh, regardless of the denials you've heard. Though it's becoming clearer and clearer that nothing has been finalized.

It is 8am and I am way too excited for this. lol

So let me get this straight. You dont allow the TSN Hype Machine to get at you concerning the World Jr's but you do for the trade deadline?

That's retarded.

AND, I just remembered, you have the day off today. What the hell are you doing out of bed? There will be maybe 2 or 3 trades before noon. I'm angry now.

Check out the URL in this quote. Hilarious.

This is the day of the year for hockey analysts and for sites like Hockeybuzz.

For a bit of fun, I thought I'd point you to somewhere where things are actually happening today – the web – to distract you from where they might not be – any GM's office. It's been a while since Hockeybuzz has received a good bash from us here...

Based on information from an inside source (T1), I have received the following confidential information about the website. Apparently, Hockeybuzz for their part have are removing all stops for the deadline focused through the use of a strategic three-point plan:

1) Make the website uglier

In anticipation of their biggest audience yet, the crack team decided to remove all content and downgrade their look

2) Try and up their trade prediction proficiency

According to Hockeybuzz Hogwash has shown that Eklund and his team have been successful on a whopping 2.4% of their projections since January 2008 (before that, they were always right...)

One of his sources (a second grade math teacher) told Ek that he could do better simply by predicting that every player go to every single team – a rating of 3.3%; thereby increasing his credibility by a whopping 46%. He is piloting the idea by predicting that Jay Bouwmeester will be traded to every team and resigned by the Panthers.

3) Upgrade at every turn

Upgrade something you heard on TSN to an NHL source. Upgrade figments of the imagination to sourced material:

For Montreal here are some names that they are likely targeting:

-Ian Laperriere, Jeff Halpern, Derek Morris, and Olli Jokinen...

-Stephane Veilleux and Colby Armstrong are other possibilities.

I guess he can say likely because he did due diligence – naming two players from Quebec...

Wow, that was fun. But more fun than that even (I know, amazing) is this little toy. Sure it runs thin after about 6 trades, but that's only to show how true it is to its inspiration.

Have a good day. Hope you all last the hours of McGuire and McKenzie...

It is 8am and I am way too excited for this. lol

So let me get this straight. You dont allow the TSN Hype Machine to get at you concerning the World Jr's but you do for the trade deadline?

That's retarded.

AND' date=' I just remembered, you have the day off today. What the hell are you doing out of bed? There will be maybe 2 or 3 trades before noon. I'm angry now.[/quote']

Actually I had a doctor and dentist appointment so there was no time to sleep in.

Now I am taking my niece for a walk to feed some ducks.

As for the TSN Hype it hasn't affected me at all. I watched it for 5 minutes before I left this morning. The World Juniors is a shit tournament in my eyes. I personally prefer the trade deadline to promote discussion / arguments. It's personal preference... that is all.