Jambands.ca

A-Roid

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

tx_alex.rodriguez.jpg

A-Roid tested positive twice in 2003 and was warned of a "random test" in 2004. No punishment from league. Everyone looks bad.

nelson.gif

Ha Ha! Baseball sucks!!

There needs to be an official policy on how to deal with these juice monkey's.

I'd like to see their stats not counted for the any year in which they tested positive for performance enhancing drugs and any one caught from here on in gets banned for life.

That would mean Bonds wouldn't have the homer record and A-Rod's stats lifetime would take a tumble.

Jucie-monkeys!

the juice was around long before they started testing for it, I'd say the majority of Baseball stats are tainted.

Your probably right. The league should be held much more accountable.

To me, the only solution is to have MLB make a statement that A) the drugs weren't illegal, B)they are now, and C)anyone caught is a fuckwad and will be kicked out of the league, but D) all records pre 2004 (or whenever this started) stand. Oh, and i guess E) were sorry for fucking shit up so much.

It's getting kind of ridiculous.

Fress off the presses:

Alex Rodriguez has confirmed during an interview this afternoon with ESPN's Peter Gammons that he used performance-enhancing drugs from 2001-03 while a member of the Texas Rangers.

"I was young, I was stupid, I was naive, and I wanted to prove to everyone that I was worth . . . being one of the greatest players of all time," Rodriguez told Gammons in an interview recorded this afternoon. "I did take a banned substance and for that I am very sorry and deeply regretful."

It was such a loosy-goosy era," Rodriguez continued. "I am guilty of a lot of things . . . negligence, naive, not asking all the right questions. To be quite honest I don't know exactly what substance I was guilty of using."

Rodriguez emphasized that the only time he took performance enhancers was during that three-year span.

"It wasn't until then [2001] that I thought about a substance of any kind," he said. "And since then I haven't thought about any of that."

Rodriguez has not responded publicly since Sports Illustrated reported on its website Saturday that he is on a list of 104 players who tested positive in 2003 during baseball's confidential survey testing, which wasn't subject to discipline. SI.com said he tested positive for Primobolan and testosterone.

The Yankees' superstar third baseman decided to give his initial response to the allegations to ESPN. The full interview will be broadcast on the 6 p.m. edition of "SportsCenter" and be posted on ESPN.com.

Rodriguez hit 159 home runs during those three seasons with the Rangers -- including 57 in 2002 -- and he was named the American League Most Valuable Player in '03. He was traded to the Yankees following that season.

Turns Out Craig Counsell Was Actually Best Baseball Player Of Steroid Era

NEW YORK—After the records of players who used performance-enhancing drugs are carefully removed, statistics provided by the Elias Sports Bureau indicate that lifetime .255 hitter Craig Counsell was the best player of the past 15 years. "If you judge them on the basis of pure physical ability, you're left with Craig Counsell," said ESB representative Patrick Wondolowski, adding that Counsell's 35 career home runs narrowly beat out Quinton McCracken's 21 and pitcher Glendon Rusch's three. Upon hearing the news, broadcaster Bob Uecker lauded the Brewers utilityman as "one of the best I ever saw, if we're talking about those who I can say without a doubt never took steroids. He came this close to stealing a base off of Ivan Rodriguez, and I swear I heard him foul tip a Roger Clemens fastball. The kid could flat-out steroid-free play. One time he was playing third base and he caught a Rafael Palmeiro line drive—just caught it, right in his mitt." When asked about his Hall of Fame chances, Counsell dodged the question by asking if anyone had a few bucks so he could go buy a sandwich.

TS-Arod-R.sports_frontpage_thumbnail.jpg

A-Rod Dead At 33

NEW YORK—Baseball legend and mythical figure A-Rod, the New York Yankee third baseman and three-time American League Most Valuable Player, was declared dead Saturday after it was reported, and later confirmed, that the former Seattle Mariner and Texas Rangers All-Star tested positive for two anabolic steroids during the 2003 baseball season.

Enlarge Image Arod

A-Rod was 33.

"A-Rod was a person, but a much better baseball player," a statement from the New York Yankees' front office read in part. "We only hope that members of the press will respect our wishes for privacy during this very difficult period. We can assure you that the Yankee organization is going to be haunted by A-Rod's passing for a very, very long time, or at least until his contract expires in 2017."

"Though A-Rod has been taken from us, his impact on this team has been greater in the past few days than it has ever been before," the statement continued. "It feels like he's not even gone."

Born in Texas in late 2000 after signing a 10-year, $252 million contract with the Rangers that made him the highest paid baseball player in league history, the idea of A-Rod quickly became one of baseball's most divisive images. He often wowed fans with his raw, natural talent on the diamond, but at the same time infuriated them with what many called a manufactured, robotic persona.

The loss of A-Rod comes as a shock to those in the sporting community and to baseball fans across the nation, many of whom had hoped that A-Rod—the youngest player to ever hit 500 home runs and arguably the greatest all-around baseball player of his generation—would surpass Barry Bonds' career total of 762 home runs without resorting to the use of performance enhancing drugs, thereby restoring credibility and dignity to sports' most cherished record.

A-Rod's untimely end—coming as it did in the prime of his career, just as it seemed he was poised to usher in a brand-new era of baseball on the strength of his God-given physical talents alone—has forever destroyed that hope.

As of press time, the Yankees, in conjunction with Major League Baseball, are not planning any type of formal tribute to honor their fallen star's memory. In addition, when asked if the jersey belonging to the 10-time Silver Slugger Award winner, multiple Gold Glove Award recipient, and 12-time American League All-Star would be retired in Yankee Stadium, or even if his bust would one day be enshrined in baseball's Hall of Fame, no comment was forthcoming from either the Yankees or Hall of Fame voters.

"I talked to [A-Rod] the day before he went to his reward, and he sounded completely fine," New York Yankee manager Joe Girardi said. "He said he was working out and looking forward to the start of the new season. And then I heard the news on Saturday, and I was just floored. Now that A-Rod is no longer with us, it's like this season doesn't even matter."

"I'm sure he's in a better place," Girardi continued. "Then again, probably not."

While there is no evidence to suggest foul play, some in the baseball community have speculated that A-Rod actually succumbed to self-inflicted injuries. Immediately after the tragedy was announced, former baseball player and fellow 40/40 club member Jose Canseco told reporters that he saw A-Rod's demise coming a mile away.

"There is no doubt in my mind that he did this to himself," Canseco said. "All the warning signs were there: the surprising power from a shortstop, the spike in home runs, the mood swings where he acted like a complete idiot. The guy has been knocking on death's door since 2003, and everyone wanted to pretend like it wasn't true. I'm not going to get into it too much here because the rest will be in my book coming out next month."

Added Canseco: "Trust me, Albert Pujols will be dead inside a year."

Even former Yankee teammate Derek Jeter agreed with Canseco, saying that while he sends his condolences to A-Rod's family and friends—"if he even has any of those"—he had known that A-Rod was a time bomb waiting to go off.

"Unfortunately, I didn't do anything, because, well, I know it's not proper to speak ill of the dead, but now that he's gone I can say this for the record: I didn't really like the guy," Jeter said. "I never liked him. He was a jerk, a fake. The only thing he had going for him was his unlimited potential and tremendous on-field ability, but now that he's been taken from us that really doesn't mean anything."

Even A-Rod's final words, spoken on the eve of his death—"You'll have to talk to the Union.... I'm not saying anything"—were characteristic of his inability to be genuinely human.

A-Rod is survived by 33-year-old Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez, a divorced father of two who is currently in therapy and who, despite being in extremely good physical condition and possessing the ability to hit 500-foot home runs, has no future in baseball whatsoever.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/a_rod_dead_at_33

Speaking of letting people down, Alex Rodriguez admitted last week he cheated like a Three-Card Monte dealer from 2001 to 2003 as a Texas Ranger. He was the AL MVP in '03, stealing it from then-Toronto Blue Jay Carlos Delgado, who finished second. Just to recap: He cheated. He admitted it. He won the MVP. And yet the people who gave Rodriguez the award— the Baseball Writers' Association of America—decided last week that he could keep it. "It's (A-Rod's) award to do what he wants with," BBWAA secretary-treasurer Jack O'Connell told a reporter. "Listen, the wool was pulled over all our eyes. We had an election and those were the guys that won. The awards are theirs."

Im pretty much convinced that everyone from that era was doing something they shouldn't have been doing. As much as I love Delgado as a player and would like to think he was clean, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it came out that he wasn't.

It's hard not to be jaded at this point.

Which is why I think all records should stand. Baseball fucked up, if they can fix it now, good on them.

I think there has been cheating of some sort for decades. What surprises me about guys in the last 10 years or so is that they STILL tried when they knew it was being tested for. They saw athlete after athlete get caught and go through all the media attention. To me they are just stupid, greedy and feeding their ego and to proclaim they were naive is ridiculous.

Im pretty much convinced that everyone from that era

When do you think this era actually began? HGH has been around since the 1920's I believe.

I agree with this I think there were probably players in the 50's using chemicals of some kind to get over, just now this generation took it waaay over the top and thought they were smarter than the tests.

I wish Ty Cobb was around to stomp on these roided out pretty boys with his spikes!

• 2 weeks later...