Jambands.ca

Hold Steady to open for Dave Matthews Band

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

I gotta say that DMB pick the coolest opening acts for their shows, that's for sure. The two times that I saw DMB the opening acts were Afro-Celt Sound System and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Also, I have nothing against DMB.

Dave Matthews! Why do you keep making it so hard to hate you? You signed My Morning Jacket, reissued Exile in Guyville, put out In Rainbows, and now this. My high school self just can't deal with this cognitive dissonance! Are you trying to make me abandon my adolescent principles or something? Trying to make me open my mind to the idea that the lines between "good" and "bad" music and "indie" and "mainstream" are blurry? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME GROW UP, DAVE MATTHEWS? NOOOOO!

Hold Steady with DMB Dates:

06-12 Saratoga Springs, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center

06-13 Saratoga Springs, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center

06-16 Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center

06-17 Maryland Heights, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

06-19 Burgettstown, PA - Post-Gazette Pavilion

06-20 Burgettstown, PA - Post-Gazette Pavilion

FYI the SPAC shows are not sold out. The lottery runs till Mar 2; public onsale on Mar 13 at 10am.....

Oops. My bad. I clicked on the venue info for the 6/12 show on DMB's tour dates, and down at the bottom, under "Additional Info", it says the show is sold out, but that page has no specific show info; my guess it they copied the sold-out bit from another page.

Aloha,

Brad

Almost always great openers at DMB shows. Taj Mahal, Galactic and the aforementioned Flecktones are just a few I've seen in an opening slot. The downside is that the openers at his shows only tend to play 1/2 hour slots, and the shows are often in cavernous venues with a lot of people paying absolutely no attention.

Of all the ones on this tour, I think seeing G. Love and Yonder Mountain String Band at the Gorge would be my most preferred. Too bad I won't be out West at that point.

• 4 weeks later...