Jambands.ca

Conan's Last Show is tonight and the musical guest is...

Jaimoe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Leno taking the 10:00 spot some people really think Conan's getting screwed (he waited an extra five years for the Tonight Show that was promised him). Now there's the sense they might be fighting over guests, others think it was going to happen at some point that a network declared 10:00 the new start of 'late night'.

I think Richard Belzer the actor had the best remark that effectively Leno has put countless of writers, actors, producers - everyone from the ten o'clock slot five days a week out of business because Leno can't let go.

I finally watched the Stripes performance on my TV through my home sound system - instead of on a computer and a severely unreliable youtube. Meg's guitar was off (although she barely played it and it was down in then mix), but the performance was heartfelt and emotional and their harmonizing sounded quite nice.

As for the final show, it will win an Emmy. It was brilliant.

Conan is getting screwed by NBC and that smug fucker Leno.

I saw it on Youtube and it sucks. There is no denying it. Like I said, you can try and paint this any way you want but guess what?

You would be wrong. Believe whatever it is you need to believe but that performance is pretty pathetic especially when you consider the hype surrounding it before the show. Hype, I might add, you helped generate on this board.

"Hi, we're from Canada."

[high horse]

personally I thought the performance was beautiful. fuck some of y'all for saying it was pathetic. first off, the song choice was conan's. it is his favourite white stripes song and he asked them to play it. second, the band hadn't performed together in quite some time and they reunited specifically for this show. third, it was more than obvious to anyone with eyes and even half a brain that this was an emotionally painful performance for jack (for all sorts of reasons that most of us cannot comprehend). he was struggling to get through the song, tears were welling up in the guy's eye. this song meant something to him. it meant something to meg and it especially meant something to conan. so, fuck you all if you needed to see a white stripes video. and fuck you if you needed to hear a white stripes CD. this was a very special one of a kind performance and its pathetic that some of you cannot understand that.

[/high horse]

third, it was more than obvious to anyone with eyes and even half a brain that this was an emotionally painful performance for jack (for all sorts of reasons that most of us cannot comprehend).

Was he emotional because it was Conan's last show? Or is there something else going on in White Strips land that I don't know about?

I didn't see the performance, missed the whole show. Will have to track it down.

Just saw this online

According to multiple sources, The White Stripes are strongly rumored to be performing at Worthy Farm this year along with Bruce Springsteen, Franz Ferdinand and...erm....Lily Allen amongst others. Q magazine and eFestivals have this information upon their website. Until further official statement from the band or their representative, please take this information with a grain of salt !